Hanging Out With Him

*Alarm rings. As soon as the alarm rang Shane immediately woke up and also wake up Elise. They both agreed to go to their campus together. “Elise wake up it’s 6:00 in the morning” Elise growl and stretched the usual thing she does every morning to get ready for the day. Shane and Elise took turns and Shane decided that she would take a bath first. After Shane, Elise immediately went to the bathroom and took a bath. They both got ready for the day to head to tha campus.

📍Campus

As they arrived at the campus they said their goodbyes and went to their respective classes. As Elise arrived at her class no one was there except her and Axel. Elise felt uncomfortable knowing that her professor told the whole class that she caught Elise staring at Axel. What a great day for Elise. She sat at her desk and got ready for the class. It was a normal class for Elise, good thing she didn’t got caught staring at Axel. Again.
After class she packed her stuff and left the classroom. She went to the library to study. Elise grabbed the books she needed to study about and started studying. Elise was the only one in the table. She had no accompany and seatmates. To her shock she saw Axel and the library was already full except the table she was sitting in. The moment she knew it. Axel sat beside her.

“Can I sit here? I mean the seats are already taken except here so I had no option.” Axel said with a smiling face. It was Elise’s first time seeing him smile. “Yeah sure, this seat is not taken yet so you can have a seat “ Elise offered Axel the chair.
As Elise continued studying she can’t help but notice that Axel was looking at her. Maybe? “Am I being delusional or is he really watching me?” Elise’s said in her mind. She looked up to Axel and unexpectedly their eyes met. Both of them smiled at each other ignoring the fact that that was an awkward moment to caught someone staring at you. Elise thought that this was the right time to get to know Axel, so she did the first move.

“So is it true that you’re from a family of lawyers?”

“Yes, it’s true but people always thought that I am living the best life because of how rich my parents are but that’s far from the truth.”Axel answered.

“And why is it?” Elise  asked.

“Well, my parents always wanted me to be a lawyer and follow their footsteps but I have always wanted to be a doctor.” Axel replied with a soft tone.

“Well, my life right now is not good and not bad, I mean not good because of the tuition fees and bills my parents had to worry about especially because I wanted to go to law school and hopefully be an attorney. Good because I am not facing any problems aside from finances, I mean my parents are both supportive of me and they always looked out for me.” Elise stated.

“Well, good for you Elise.” Axel’s voice suddenly sound sad. Elise responded with a smile.

Elise checked the time and realized she had to go now because she had things to help her parents in packing their restaurant.

“Well, I have to go now because I still have to help my parents get sales on our restaurant that is rarely even getting sales.” Elise shared.

“Well, alright then, goodbye Elise.” Elise responded with a wave. “Wait" I grabbed her hand with force.

"Elise, I was wondering if maybe we can hangout more often next time? If that’s okay with you?”

“Yeah sure just reach me out.” As Elise walked home she was worried that she might have over shared and that maybe Axel would be intimidated.

Elise’s POV

I said good-byes to Axel. He asked me if we could hang out some time, of course I said yes. I had to go back home to help my parents run our restaurant. We are rarely getting sales the past five months. All I had to do was to help them the best way I could. And that is by helping them cook and clean the place. My classmates often visit the restaurant, they have always loved the ambiance and the food. I always asked them if maybe they can visit the restaurant and they said yes, and that is the only way my parents could gain more sales.

“Mom, Dad! I’m here now.”

“Hi there my beautiful daughter.” My dad said to me.

“How was school sweetie?” My mom asked me.

“It was good as usual.”

“Help me clean the tables there please.”

“Yes, sure”

“Thank you my love” My mom felt thankful.

As I clean the tables I can’t help but think about Axel, I didn’t believed that I guy like him would ask a normal girl like me on a hang out. It was nice knowing that someone like him would like to get to know a girl like me. I mean he’s rich, handsome and he’s smart. My questions about his personality grew wider as I wonder what he’s real personality was like. He seemed nice earlier, so I don’t know if the nonchalant personality was just a play or is he just an introvert. But I kind of liked it.

After cleaning the table I head to my bedroom and immediately took a bath and get ready for dinner. As I headed downstairs I can smell the nicely cooked chicken my mother made for dinner. She and my dad spends most of their time cooking. They met in a cooking contest before and that’s how they met each other. My dad’s parents wasn’t in favor of my mom marrying my dad because of her financial status. But they didn’t let any barrier stood up. They fought for the love of their life. They left the town and moved away. They bought a house and lived together and that’s how they had me. They have always thought me that if you really love a person then you would fight for them, that love is not just about romance, it’s about taking risks. Both of them are my only inspiration in life. The state of our life made me want to become a lawyer. Hopefully.