𝒐𝒐. daylight

𝒐𝒐. daylight
━━━━━━━━━━━━
ellie fisher 𝒙 belly conklin

❝ i just want you for my own, morethan you could ever know

i just want you for my own, more
than you could ever know.
- all i want for christmas is you,, mariah carey

(season 2)

word count; 400+

IT WAS LIKE SOMETHING out of a dream. Ellie's not even sure what possessed her to get in the car and start driving, but she did, and by the time she got to Belly's house, it was late in the evening and the sun was nowhere to be seen. Christmas Eve has never been a big thing at the Fisher house, Christmas was the big show, so when Ellie slipped out in the afternoon, no one really noticed. About three hours into the drive, Susannah called her up and Ellie lied and said she was hanging out with Melissa and wouldn't be home until late.

She sent the brunette girl a message, saying she was outside and simply waited. Before leaving she grabbed her present for Belly, packed a little bag and put on an ugly Christmas sweater. Originally, the two of them were going to FaceTime and wait to trade presents at a later time, but Ellie couldn't wait. She wanted to be with Belly on Christmas. All December, she waited for Christmas break, but when it finally came, Susannah decided Ellie should wait until after Christmas to visit Belly. Usually, Ellie isn't much of a rule breaker, but for her girlfriend, she'll break the rules.

Someone opening the passenger door makes Ellie glance over and she finds Belly smiling as she takes a seat. She's donning her own ugly sweater, hair pinned back and a glowing smile on her face. "Hi, girlfriend," Belly greets, leaning over to press a kiss on Ellie's cheek. "What on earth are you doing here?"

"Hey, girlfriend," Ellie says, tightening her hands on the steering wheel. "I'm picking you up. I wanted to spend Christmas with you . . . if that's okay?"

"Definitely," Belly replies, doing up her seatbelt. "Where are we going?"

"Heaven," Ellie answers, smiling at Belly in a way that lets Belly know exactly where their destination is. "Wanna cue up some songs?"

Picking up Ellie's phone, Belly types in the password and opens up Spotify. "Yup, get ready to listen to Taylor Swift, Taylor Swift and more Taylor Swift," Belly says.

"Sounds perfect," Ellie tells her. "Play Daylight first."

Belly smiles sweetly at her. "You remember our song!" she exclaims, pressing play.

As she pulls out of her parking spot, Ellie smiles back. "How could I forget?"Isabel Conklin.

author's note!
ily all sm tbh🩷🩷

tysm for reading this book
bc i'm rlly proud of it!!!

hope ur having a good week :)

ALSO i started watching shameless
(no spoilers pls i'll cry) & i'm so
obsessed with it like why did no one
tell me how good it is

fem!oc x fem!oc shameless fanfic???