𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎

The Cut That Always Bleeds - Conan Gray

Nothing could have prepared me for the pain I felt when I saw Melina, shattering into a million pieces. It shouldn't have affected me as much as it did, but my entire being wanted to snatch the sadness out of her.

I put her down on the sofa and lied down with her for a bit, until she fell asleep. I didn't want answers from her yet, all I wanted was for her to forget about her whatever was going on.

The fucker who made her hurt like this, won't live to see another day.

It's currently around ten pm, and Melina's still sleeping comfortably on my lap. Her brows furrowed, while her parted lips creating soft snores. I'm staring at her like a fucking creep, but I couldn't care less.

I lean my head back against the sofa, thinking of all the possibilities that could've occurred tonight. A soft mumble breaks my thoughts, making me look at the direction of the sound. I look down, just to see Melina's breathing quicken, and sweat glistening down her forehead.

"D-Dad, please don't hurt her. P-please." She mumbles, clutching the blanket closer to her chest.

"Melina! Wake up, you're okay. I'm here." I try to comfort her, shaking her from her nightmare.

She jolts awake, breathing deeply—as if the oxygen has entered her lungs again. Her face looks flushed.

She scans my face, trying to figure out something.

"Forget whatever just happened, please?" Her weak voice, pleads.

I wish I could.

"I will, if you tell me what happened earlier?" I negotiate with her. It's not right, I'm aware—I just need to know what happened to make her so....broken.

Melina's the strongest person, I know. She doesn't break that easily, but seeing her crumble into pieces today? Made Melina, a stronger version of herself. Weakness is a step closer to becoming even more strong, and I'm a firm believer in that.

She sighs, while sitting up, "I'm officially disowned by my family. This whole thing happened with my dad, where I completely snapped at him." Her voice falters for a second, before she covers it up again. It happens so quickly, it's like it didn't happen. But I saw it. I see through her.

"I expressed how I've felt over the years, in hopes that he might care for once. Instead, all I got was a  'walk outside that door and you're no longer a part of this family', and I took that goddamn step, Alessio. I just couldn't do it anymore. I never think with my emotions, but this time I did." She laughs, to shrug  her heavy feelings off.

That sick fucker, is going to die. I'm going to make sure of it. Melina, doesn't even have to explain all the hurt she's experienced. It's blatantly obvious on her face—no matter how much she tries to fake it.