Chapter 6:

We soon collected our purchase and thanks to Ardeat, were able to reach the estate earlier than expected due to all those teleportation gems she bought.

In this world, they usually sell talismans for most spells since they're easier to carry around but since teleportation spells require more mana than other spells, only mana gems can hold them.

"Ah... Home at last-" "Where have you been?" A voice belonging to Luden called out as realization hit me.

'... Was I really that mentally exhausted to have called this place "home"...?' I stared at the mansion in front of me in disbelief not even bothering to answer that question.

"I believe asked you something, Sovine." Luden harshly grabbed my shoulder and spun me around to face him but as soon as I saw his handsome face which heavily contradicted gtg his personality my face dropped from one of my previous disbelief to exhaustion.

"Does it really matter?" I slapped his hand away as the spell which changed my appearance into one similar to Ardeat's, at last, wore off.

"What do you mean "Does it matter"? What if you got lost, or abducted, or-" "Then you would've at last been happy." I cut him off as his eyes widened upon hearing my statement before narrowing into slits while he clenched his jaw.

"... Am I wrong?" I knew I wasn't, and so did he.

"... It doesn't matter how I'd feel about it..." Luden responded as he averted his gaze away from me.

"Ah... Now I get it, you're afraid of what rumors would spill out if I go missing since your "real" sister went missing as well huh?" I signaled Ardeat to leave while I distracted him since I knew he'd definitely be a bitch to her about this later if he saw her which he thankfully hadn't yet.

"Don't you dare speak of my sister!" He snapped at me as he made eye contact again his eyes burning with rage and disgust.

"I'll take that as a yes." I didn't seem the slightest bit affected by his sudden outburst which only made the frustrating feeling bubbling in his chest even more intense.

"... Just tell me where you've been..." He sighed massaging his temple while trying to regain his composure.

"To hell and back." I replied as I turned back to the estate but it wasn't exactly a lie since it did feel like hell.

"What?" Luden frowned at me but I ignored him and continued walking toward the estate unbothered.

"Wait..." Luden let out a sigh of defeat but I wasn't planning on listening and simply kept doing the opposite of what he asked.

"Explain to me in detail just where you have been this whole day-" Luden turned back to ne just to realize that I was already gone.

However, on my way back to my room I happen to run into my fiancé. A very ugly and old cranky marquis, lucky me.

"You- It's about time you-" "I'm not in the mood, get lost." I walked past him only to realize the duke standing by the door of the waiting room.

Glaring at me, like that would make me feel an ounce of remorse over my previous words. Well, it didn't. Instead, it only made me want to say more.

"What?!" The marquis yelled, why was this old hag so damn loud? Shouldn't his vocal cords already be decaying.

"What are you so surprised about? You didn't expect me to treat you with respect after arriving unannounced, did you?" I whirled around to face the marquis.

"Even if you are my fiancé, this is a grand duke's estate. So get out." I was still planning on keeping my words respectful due to the duke's presence.