~CHAPTER 4: JACKSONVILLE~

JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA

JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA. Was officially one of the last places that I will be visiting in the near future.

"It's so hot." I whined, as I sat with Bella outside of the Airport. Although technically we were under a roofed area, I could still feel as if my skin was melting off me.

Bella looked undisturbed for whatever reason, only her cheeks were flushed a little bit. Compared to me looking like a living tomato.

"It's not that bad..." she tried, only to get a murderous look from me "I mean... didn't you want to live in Texas?"

I groaned at the mention, rubbing my sweaty forehead "Yeah. All because I was a dumb kid that watched way too many western movies with her dad!" sighing, I took the hair clip out of my hair and clipped it even higher "I am dying... Bella, I think that I'm about to become a puddle."

"Like the Wicked Witch of the West?" she joked, making me nod.

"Mhm... exactly like her. Although, I would kill to have someone dump a bucket of water on me..."

Bella stared at my suffering, before asking "Can't you... put a spell on yourself? Or... something?"

Shaking my head, I sighed and sat up a bit more, glaring at the sun "No. I mean, maybe? I think that there was a spell for it, or was it a paste...? No that was for a sunburn... fuck, I don't remember."

"But you're fine with the cold? How is heat any different?" Bella pressed, glancing around as people passed us.

I ignored them, knowing that they wouldn't care about whatever two teenage girls were talking about.

"It's very different. I run hot, with my fire affinity, so I find the cold weather pleasant." I started explaining "But apparently the heat is unbearable for me to stand. I think that it also has something to do with me just being extremely hot... both on the inside as well as the outside."

I finished with a smirk, making Bella shake her head at me. Feeling satisfied, I leaned back and added.

"So to summarise. I'm fucked, until I can call up Vivi or Carlos for help."

Bella nodded at me "Well, as long as you don't... turn into a ball of fire."

Frowning, I stared ahead, thinking over what she said.

Technically, I could cover myself with fire. Well my fire, at least... but, I wouldn't just light up like a christmas tree if I got too hot... right?

"You won't? Right? Thea?" Bella asked, watching my face in horror.

Coughing, I shrugged "N-No! Of course not! That would be... impossible?"

"Thea!"

I threw my hands up "What?! I'm sure Vivi would mention it! O-Or something like that!"