Chapter 2: Genesis

When I opened my omniscient vision again, I had found that the boy who was certainly dead was no longer simply 'deceased'. His story continued despite the tragic event that occurred just moments ago.

The boy opened his eyes to see he was in an unfamiliar place. There was this odd lighting, but somehow comfortable to the eyes. Alex didn't know what exactly he had gotten himself into at this point.

After patting himself down and seeing his injuries were gone, he had started to get scared of the strange circumstances. This place wasn't the infirmary at school, nor was it any place he had visited before.

There were indicators to what this place was from the bookshelves and decorations. It was nicely lit library. One with rows of neat, tidy bookshelves. The corridors nearby seemed to stretch on endlessly.

Alex couldn't fathom how enormous this place was or how long it'd take to find an exit. There was no windows, which made the place feel all the more claustrophobic. His breath started to reverberate.

Speeding up from the anxiety.

The youth rubbed his eyes a few times, but nothing changed at all. This was definitely reality... but the abruptness of this strange situation had made him stiff. His eyes were lost. Swimming across the walls.

Where the hell was he?!!!

"A library...? Am I still at school-? No, this place seems a lot more cleaner..." Alex thought while checking his body again and again. Not finding any note or letter to explain this. He nibbled on air.

Slowly gulping it down after swallowing his saliva.

A tremor ran through his mind. Suddenly, the boy realised that 'world' around him was different from that of Earth. It was too weird. There was no way this kind of absurd place could exist there at all!

It was only after finally lifting his chin did he realise something. That 'ceiling' wasn't as close as Alex had originally thought- No, there wasn't even anything above him to begin with. He didn't notice that visual.

There was a sunless purple sky over his head, and yet... there was enough radiance. Allowing him to see the 'outdoor library' clearly. Was he inside a building or outside? This question had popped in his head.

But if he was, then...

This scenery went against the laws of physics!

There was only one explanation that could possibly explain this, but he didn't want it to be true. He was shaking vividly. Getting off the seat and sitting back down. Combing through his hair with his fingers.

"I died?" Alex came to such a grand conclusion. The fact that he was brought here to this strange world after falling unconscious meant that it was either just a dream, or a place in the so-called 'Afterlife'.

His internal injury couldn't have disappeared with time. Although Alex was still young, he wasn't so foolish to think time could heal everything. He'd experienced enough health issues to get experience on this. Enough to be confident in this theory.

Since he had full awareness right now and could even feel pain on the hand he pinched... Well, that meant the only explanation was the second theory he came to: That he died after being beaten too much.

Alex really didn't know how to react. What way should he react? Well, I had some ideas. One of them was having a variety of expressions. He just realised that the bullying towards him lead to his doom...!

Of course he wasn't happy!

"Isn't killing me going overboard?!" Alex shouted out after realising this fact. No longer caring if anyone was watching. Grumbling insults at the dumb girls who'd essentially clobbered his loser self to death...!