The Means of Understanding

*edit*

Boboiboy's POV

Ever since that fateful day, many things have changed. My power watch was broken due to me blindly charged forward with two new elementals powers and immediately became its second tier level. The sudden harshness was too impactful for my watch. It broke right after the battle.

Honestly, I didn't care back then. Or even now. Ochobot and the rest of my friends were saved. That was all that matter.

It also gave me excuses to be back to the same old normal kid Boboiboy, just like in the earlier day when I arrived in Pulau Rintis.  But of course, kinda hard to do so when I'm not being a normal kid started when I first meet Ochobot.

Ochobot seemed happy, and our friends as well. Yaya expressed her relief to see me not so suffocated in the hero's duty. She and Ying gladly stepped up for the job, and they made sure to drag Fang and Gopal along.

Sometimes, I missed my powers. That was an understandable fact. But the pain of losing Ochobot was bigger, and well, my family and friends took priority, you know? Yaya also told me to go to the counselling to help in my 'hero complex' problem. To be honest, I didn't know what was wrong with it until my counsellor told me that it was just bad to depend on everything onto myself. It pained me and everyone around me.

The counsellor told me to make a schedule. So when my power watch was fixed, I'd be able to divide time and be the hero in Rintis Island and still spend some time with my family. I didn't know how to do such a thing slipped from my head.

Ochobot gladly helped me in the scheduling. Taking a break from being a hero was a fresh start for me to be a better person. I still think I could be better, but Tok Aba reassured me that I had done the best. I still thought otherwise, though.

Talking about powers...

The conversation between the elementals still shocked me. I knew it wasn't a dream, but sometimes, I pretended to. Because it was just so unbelievable to be able to talk with your own powers. Something like that only happened in cartoons or animation, I knew I was right.

I haven't yet to talk about this with Ochobot. It was better to believe everything happened only inside my head.

But even after I return the power watch back to Ochobot to fix it, the warmth still lingering on my wrist.

Even until now, the warmth hadn't disappeared. 

□■□■□■□■□

"Boboiboy? What are you doing just staring?" Tok Aba asked me, took my by surprise at his sudden arrival.

I nearly slipped from the roof. Immediately, I found myself better sitting on the rooftop while the dark sky with twinkling stars watched my every move.

"Eh, tok! I didn't hear you're coming!" I stated, cheeks reddened at my clumsiness.

"I already called you multiple times, but you're the one that still hasn't responded. Anyway, what are you doing up there? Monologing?"

I flustered and hastily shook my head. "No way! I'm not doing that lame thing!"

He chuckled at my reaction. "I know, I know. Then what are you doing over there? Complementing about life? Ish," he clicked his tongue in a tired manner, "You're still young. It is supposed to be me to be doing that."

He was joking, I knew. But the lingering thought still hadn't left my head. Being a normal kid, your elementals powers somehow were sentients, and simply everything was just not something that could be cast aside. I tried not to think about it, but it always found a way back to me.