Chapter 127: Made an Epic Mistake

Nancy had nowhere to hide now that she was exposed. Nancy looked particularly shameless and repulsive to Jennie.

Nancy’s chest rose and fell as she inhaled deeply. She opened her mouth wide, but was incapable of uttering a word!

Jennie had set her up! Jennu already laid a trap ages ago! She had stupidly fallen into Jennie’s trap!

After the lawyer said his piece, Xia Peifeng left without lingering for a moment.

He paused when he went past Nancy.

“Was it you?” Even though Xia Peifeng asked quizzically, he was certain she was the culprit. He barely had any contact with Kai. Instead, he liked Nancy a lot and even brought her to his studio a few times. She had ample time and plenty of opportunities to steal his music.

Nancy refused to admit her mistakes. “No, I didn’t do it. Mr. Xia, I really didn’t do it…”

She had stolen all these songs from Jennie!

This time, Xia Peifeng stopped looking at Nancy. Since he used to admire her work a lot, he was terribly disappointed now. He simply hated her.

Xia Peifeng abhorred her for stealing his work and hated himself for being blind about Nancy.

Someone suddenly caught his eye. He glanced to the side and saw Jennie leaning against a bookshelf in the studio as she calmly looked straight in his direction.

Xia Peifeng suddenly felt as though he had made an epic mistake. He looked at Jennie deeply before he left.

Nancy wanted to run after Xia Peifeng, but he had already left under the company of his legal team and talent agent.

Hu Lai slapped Nancy on the face so hard that she fell onto the ground.

Nancy covered her swollen cheek and looked at Hu Lai indignantly.

Hu Lai was so furious that she slapped Nancy once more, making both sides of her face equally swollen.

Kai left right away with Hu Lai and Krystal following behind him swiftly.

“Kai, Lai, wait up!” Nancy Shouted as she cried.

She watched as they walked off with the reporters swarming towards them.

Nancy ran towards Jennie and roared furiously, “Jennie, you set me up! You schemed and plotted to ruin me!”

“What are you saying? I don’t understand what you are saying,” said Jennie mildly as she looked at her at a loss.

“You did this to me! You deliberately hid Xia Peifeng’s new songs among your own creations and tempted me to steal them. Now I have thoroughly embarrassed myself!” Nancy was beside herself with fury when she realized Jennie was behind this. “You already saw this coming!”

Jennie acknowledged softly before she continued, “Did you copy my manuscripts?”

She acted as though she only just realized what Nancy had done.

Nancy was dumbfounded! Nancy was so furious that she was on the verge of exploding, but Jennie talked about it so nonchalantly.

The calmer Jennie was, the more embarrassed Nancy felt. Jennie was lofty and untouchable while Nancy was simply trash.

Nancy got her just deserts for stealing Jennie’s manuscripts. She should not have voluntarily given Kai Jennie’s songs.

Jennie did not do anything to actually hurt her or sabotage her. Jennie simply did what was right.

Nancy had only herself to blame for being vain, greedy, and scheming.

Nancy was filled with resentment from her failure and was unable to accept this outcome, so she ran towards Jennie.