33. Rescue

I will send out an army to find you
In the middle of the darkest night
It's true, I will rescue you

I will send out an army to find youIn the middle of the darkest nightIt's true, I will rescue you

3rd person

"Figures Paige Bueckers would be the one to get the towel and pick her up—" The announcer says as Paige takes Jenna's small frame from Geno, putting her hand securely on her waist as Jenna's arm hangs over her neck.

"This is something you don't want to see Pat— Jenna Midow being escorted from the gym to the trainers as long time teammate, Paige Bueckers is forced to stay on the court—"

Jenna
*10 minutes Prior*

"Alright guys— we need to run Kultz 8 and we need to run it right, if we don't we have no chance to do this play again, Jenna you know what you're doing?" Geno looks up at me as i nod breathless before he looks towards Paige, "You need to run the shock clock down and wait for her to get towards the paint, since they will be looking towards you at the corner, they won't expect you to look towards the paint... Got it!" Geno points towards Paige as she looks at me giving me a small nod.

It's been one week — one week since Paige and I last talked, three days, since I had that talk with Nika and Geno, one week since she yelled at me after seeing Blake, one horrible week, and i'm starting to think this is going to become our normal.

The eye contact, the small nods, but no words.

"You got me?" Paige smiles bumping my shoulder softly, making my wide eyes meet her relaxed blue ones,

You got me.

The first smile — first words, making my heart find its way to beat regular again.

"Always." I smile as she raises her pinky finger to mine as we interlock them— something we used to do as kids..

But what took me by surprise was the way she raised our interlocked hands to her lips kissing them softly.

"Let's win this, alright?" She nods before running out to the court.

The whistle blows as the shock clock begins to count down i felt my world slow as i run towards my play spot, getting guarded by a much bigger girl then me I make eye contact with Paige as she reaches the corner . As I camp under the net i watch the ball leave paige's hand quickly catching it and jumping for a lay up — suddenly, my world went completely black. At first I didn't know where I was, but I knew I was at a court somewhere. My head pounded. Before i knew it i heard the whistle blow and heavy feet running towards me and suddenly i was on the floor, I clutch my mouth hard as a iron tasting liquid fills it..