Designs

Third Person PoV:

Location: Spot Where Nazarick Once Stood, Grasslands Near Forest of Tob, New World

Jircniv Rune Farlord El-Nix and Fluder Paradyne stood near the very spot where Nazarick, the legendary fortress of the Sorcerer Kingdom, once stood.

The last time Jircniv was here was all the way back when he had met that monster for the first time and had been tricked into following Ainz Ooal Gown's schemes. A place he did not wish to return despite its heavenly luxury.

Most people in the world did not know that this unassuming spot surrounded by hills, used to house the demonic beings that spread terror across the lands. How ironic that Jircniv would be making the trip here once more in search of that same monster.

After Jircniv had secured a spot for this journey to wherever the sorcerer king currently was, the rest of the members present of course quarrelled for the other spot. But that quarrel was successfully quelled by Fluder.

He was able to convince them that his presence was necessary for the successful working of the space magic. Especially as they would be venturing into some unknown territory where a godly being like the sorcerer king resided.

It was a reason that hardly left any room for argument. This was perhaps their only chance and no one was willing to gamble it. Of course, Jircniv knew that this was not the main reason. He knew the old man too well.

Even if the reason was true, this entire argument was just so that Fluder could witness the sorcerer king's amazing mastery over magic once more. Not that he minded. Jircniv would feel more at ease if the old man was present as well.

"Shall we leave, old man?" Jircniv asked, a bit tense.

"Are you mentally prepared?" Fluder's voice cut through the tension. There was no telling how this endeavour would go. It was entirely possible that they would be disintegrated when they tried entering the tear in space. At the end of the day, they were dealing with the remains of magic beyond their comprehension.

"Of course. Walking on the edge of death is nothing knew now. Even if we do die, we will end up in the sorcerer king's grasp anyway," Jircniv answered. He was indeed a bit scared but it was more due to the fact that he might be meeting the sorcerer king once more than the space magic that could disintegrate them.

"Very good. I will try and reopen the tear in space now, so stand back."

Fluder began to channel the complex magic required to open the torn space. His hands moved with practiced precision he cast the spell. The ambient mana reserves that he had amassed over the long years with diligent practice, responded to his command, swirling and coalescing around him in a mesmerizing display of power.

As Fluder's mana reached its peak, a rift in space began to form before them, shimmering like a mirage amidst the dense foliage. It was a gateway to the unknown land where the sorcerer king resided.

From Fluder's perspective, it was almost as if he was gazing into the abyss. The abyss of magic created by the one true god.

With one last glance at the familiar surroundings, Jircniv stepped forward, crossing the threshold of the space tear alongside Fluder. The sensation was akin to being pulled through a vortex.

A flash of light engulfed them as they hurtled through the fabric of space and time. As the light subsided in what felt like a mere few moments, Jircniv and Fluder opened their eyes.

Emerged on presumably the other side of the space tear, they found themselves standing in another forest, similar yet distinctly different from the one they had just left behind.