Chapter 1 - The Gem Thieves: Beginnings

At the entrance of Rynek, a small human boy with combed teal hair, light brown skin, soft brown eyes, basic light armor, and a contrasting half-length red cape had started to make his way through town. He looked at all the shops in the market, with sparkles in his eyes. Amazed by what he saw, like a child in a candy shop.

"Oh wow! Is that a Blooming Icicle Flower, I see!?! Woooah. I didn't know they were real! I can't wait to see what else they have here! WOO!!" He would exclaim to a random tradesman. Who would happen to ignore the young boy. The boy would notice and sheepishly turn away from them.

He'd continued to walk forward, making his way down the market. In his sights was the center of town. As he walks, he passes a Minotaur woman lecturing a group of troublemakers. They seemed to have been picking on a small girl. This woman had short dark brown hair all over her body, A larger amount of hair at the top of her head swooped to the right, brown eyes, and light battle armor. Her clothes were reminiscent of tribal culture.

"Now apologize to this young lady, or I may have to teach you three a thing or two." She'd crack her knuckles.

"So-Sorry mam... w-we didn't m-mean to cause y-ya trouble..." One of the troublemakers spat out.

"Good. Now that that's clear... get out of here. If I see you bothering this young lady again, you'll have hell to pay." She spoke with authority in her voice.

"Y-Yes miss Viata..." One of the other troublemakers spoke up, before running off with his buddies.

"Thank you, Miss Viata. You didn't have to do that, but... I really appreciate it!" The little girl said with a kind smile.

"No need to thank me. I'm here to help! If this happens again, don't be afraid to holler my name. I'll gladly come to your aid!" Viata returns the smile. She'd then pat the young girl's head a few times.

"Got it! I'm going to see my mama now, bye now!" The young girl would wave goodbye, running down the nearby street.

Viata was proud she could help someone in need. Standing tall, she turns around to look at the street. Looking around, she'd observe the area closely for any more trouble. Taking a few steps out of the alleyway, something caught her eye. An unusual building in the distance. She swears she hasn't seen it before. Making an executive decision, she goes towards the building to snoop around. As she does that, she passes another alleyway, where a shadow leaps up onto a nearby rooftop.

The shadow would jump from rooftop to rooftop until a specific building intrigues them. Or more so the mural that was painted over a large glass window. They take off their hood, to reveal a half-elf young man. He had long dirty blonde hair that swooped over his right eye, fair skin, and olive green eyes. He wore a black leather hooded coat over an open-chest shirt and black jeans. On his shoulder was a unique bird. This bird seemed to have two pairs of big feathered wings, on both its head and body. The wings on the side of its head were a little bit shorter than the pair on its body. The bird's tail had a feathered claw-like shape at the end of it.

The mural perplexed this half-elf. He recognized two of the figures on it. One that looked like him and someone else he knows. Even had his bird. He was about to jump at the mural, but a firm hand had been put on to his free shoulder. He turns to see that someone mentioned earlier. A taller, much bigger, half-elf male was standing behind him. This new half-elf had fluffy blonde hair, peachy skin, bright green eyes, and heavy armor on. There was a unique scarf around his neck that draped over his right arm. It looked to be completely made of feathers.

"What do you want... How did you even get up here?" The younger half-elf sounded annoyed. He'd pet his bird, as he looked to the bigger half-elf.

"It wasn't easy, but once I finally spotted you, I put in the effort! I think I already know what you plan to do. Which is why I'm up here in the first place. Can't have my little brother breaking into some... weird looking... Chapel??" The bigger half-elf had a caring smile but looked over his brother's next target.