𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕.

Jorja's PovLingering at the bed's edge, I found myself utterly captivated by Ebony's aura as she sat at the vanity, sculpting her edges

Jorja's Pov
Lingering at the bed's edge, I found myself utterly captivated by Ebony's aura as she sat at the vanity, sculpting her edges. The stillness of the morning whispered the ideal moment to introduce Solèigh and Ebony to the sanctuary we now called home.

My heart was full, overflowing with gratitude for the blessings that have guided us to this point, and it felt so right that Ebony was here to witness this significant leap forward in our journey together. The moment that call from the hospital pierced through my night, time itself seemed to stop in the most best way possible.

It feels like only yesterday I entered the bathroom to find her submerged in crimson, overwhelmed by the tide within the tub. I'm immensely thankful for her; she's the reason of my existence, the singular event that's shaped my life. I yearn for her to thrive, unburdened by the heaviness of the world.

No matter what, I'm committed to being there for her through thick and thin, offering support that's mental, physical, and emotional. There's no adequate way to express how I view her; she transcends description. I wouldn't hold her to an impossible standard of perfection, yet in my eyes and in the sanctuary of my soul, she embodies it effortlessly.

I was acutely aware that Ebony and I had an abundance of experiences to exchange, from my newfound ownership of the daycare to the revelation of my twin sister's existence. Our narrative was punctuated with gaps—missed milestones and celebrations that we had yet to re-share.

There was a ton of topics to discuss, yet I was intent on doing so one by one, conscious that the intricacies of Solèigh's and my life might be an overwhelming feeling of information for her to absorb.

Resting my chin in the cradle of my palms, I tilted my head, a smile playing on my lips at the array of expressions dancing across Ebony's face as she insisted on perfecting her edges. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Ebony asked, a nervous chuckle escaping her lips as she met my gaze through the vanity mirror, our eyes locked in a powerful connection.

I merely shook my head, my gaze unwavering, full of wonder. "You look so beautiful and peaceful, that's all," I murmured, a gentle smile gracing my lips. Ebony, in a state of fluster, averted her eyes, her expression awash with a bashful warmth, as she immediately bowed her head, resisting the urge to return my gaze.

Swinging my legs over the edge of the bed, I rose and strode towards Ebony, positioning myself just behind her. Cradling her face gently in my hands from behind her chair, I leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to her cheek. "You should finish getting ready. I'll lay out your clothes," I offered.

"Can you at least give me a hint on where we're going? You've been keeping it a secret all morning," Ebony complained from the bedroom, I could hear the pout in her voice as I stepped into the wardrobe, I selected a chic yet uncomplicated outfit for her—a pair of well-fitted jeans paired with a, short-sleeved white blouse.