Chapter 12

Tomorrow it'll be hell to pay but tonight the alcohol was the only thing keeping me from spiraling. I was determined to have a fun, memorable night with the whole school who had nothing but negative things to say about me. I wanted that to change. I wanted to change.

I've never went clubbing no matter how many times Rachel begged me to whenever we went out. Or whenever Connie happened to visit me in L.A. But right now I was thriving and I have never felt more alive. The music was a drug mixing with the alcohol I've consumed tonight bringing me higher until my mind buzzed with pure joy.

Guys I went to school with, whom I currently didn't care to recognize, danced against me as I felt my hair stick to the back of my neck. Grabbing my disheveled hair in fistfuls as I danced to the loud thumping music in my own blissful world.

Ignoring Gillian and every other girl's muttering and not so quiet remarks as they watched me dance with the whole football team. Expect Aaron, of course. For once in my life I didn't care where he was or what he thought of my actions. For once in my life I wanted to live in the moment.

Aarons POV

"What did you do?" My sister asked me as we watched Bethany dance promiscuously. "What? Nothing." I lied, unable to look her in the eye. "Don't do that. I know for a fact this was your doing. And you better fix it." Connie threatened.

"I need to take her home." Connie said as people began to thin out the later it became. "What's gotten into her? I thought she was happy." She expressed full of concern as I was unable to tear my eyes away from Bethany.

This was the first time I've ever seen her so carefree. I just wished it was under better circumstances.

Replaying everything we confessed to each other out of pure aggression and passion. We were at one another's throats yet I never expected her to confess her love towards me. My whole life I thought she hated me and only tolerated me for being her best friend's brother.

Yet finding this out couldn't have come at the worst possible time.

"Wow. I didn't expect this from her." Tara walked up to us as we all continued to watch her like a zoo animal.

I was hypnotized by her movements watching her toned hips and behind sway back and forth. Bethany's dark wavy hair was held high in her hand as an attempt to get it off of her overheated body. She was utterly gorgeous as I forced my eyes away.

"Do you mind taking her home? I would but I have work in the morning. And I don't trust her to get home with anyone else here tonight." Connie said looking around as mostly only men remained to dance and watch Bethany.

"What? No, I'm the last person who should." I said, making them turn to me. "It's okay, honey. She's your friend and Beth trusts you." Tara smiled as my chest ached filling with immense guilt.

I knew Bethany was right and Tara didn't deserve to be cheated on. No one did. And above all I didn't want to make Bethany feel like the other woman. I've changed in so many ways since we were kids and I just wished she had the chance to see that before I kissed her.

Connie's eyes were fixed on me knowing there was something I wasn't sharing but thankfully she let it go since Tara was here. "She's right." Connie said simply. "She's not going to go anywhere with me. We had an argument." I confessed.

"I think she's too incapacitated to notice." Tara replied as we continued to watch her drunkenly stumble into people. I hesitantly walked over to Bethany struggling to stay upright. I hated seeing her like this and I hated myself even more for making her do this to herself.

"Get off." I shoved Henry away from Bethany as I grabbed her waist. "Hey, we're having fun." He grinned as Bethany slumped into my arms. "She's barely conscious. Go home." I growled as I walked her out the gymnasium doors with Connie and Tara.