𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙉𝙞𝙣𝙚

𝙔/𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

"Yeah, once again, I just wanted to apologize for my play tonight. I know you were both expecting to see more and I did not meet your expectations or mine." I apologized as I stood before Coach Vanderveer and Coach Staley.

"And I appreciate that, it takes a lot for a player of your caliber to admit that. You showed great leadership out there despite your off night and I think that's truly what matters, you continued to encourage your teammates and try to make plays for them to be successful. I'll be in touch." Dawn says as she shakes my hand along with Coach Vanderveer.

I face palmed myself as they walked away and I couldn't help the mounting frustration. Our team won, narrowly might I add, in our first game of playoffs this season. I cannot afford to have another game like this, especially if I want to go play Division 1 ball. I mean, to be fair, I had a lot on my mind but, at the same time, I should've been able to separate that and focus on what I do best.

I headed to the locker room, dabbing up my teammates and congratulating them on a great performance before I hit the showers. I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that in the second half I went 3/10 from the field and 1/4 from three. Really though, once I stepped back on the court after halftime, the only thing on my mind was what Alex told me.

She's pregnant. I was trying to stall for as long as I could before it got to an unreasonable amount of time for me to be in the showers. I grabbed my bag and closed up the locker as I headed to the team bus that would return us to school where my car was. Alex was having some of our friends over her house after the game.

As we got to the school, I saw a message from Alex telling me she was headed home and was wondering if I was still coming. I didn't really know what to do in this situation, I mean obviously, depending on what Alex decides to do, I'll be there for our child. I just had a lot of questions.

How long did she know? Was this why she was acting so weird? Who else knows? Is she sure she's pregnant? How did this even happen? I'm the most careful person. I just couldn't stop the questions that were flooding in. Also, she couldn't have picked a worse time to tell me that.

. . .

I walked into her house, hugging her parents and greeting my own as I could hear the commotion and music playing lightly in the background as I heard my Mike's laugh. I walked into the living room as my mom gave me a sympathetic look before coming over to hug me again. "My baby, it's okay, I know you didn't play how you wanted but, trust me, they'd be stupid to not send you an offer. Okay?" she said as I rested my head on her and nodded before my dad walked over to me giving me a hug trying to cheer me up.

"Everyone is up in Alex's room." Pam says as I nod and head upstairs. I dreaded the walk upstairs just because I don't know what to expect from Alex. I heard Michael's voice become louder as I got closer and opened the bedroom door.

"It's about time bro." Mike says getting a smile out of me as he gets up to hug me. I hugged the girls and Alex's sisters before sitting my keys down on the vanity and heading over to Alex who sat on her bed, quiet as a mouse. I gave her a soft smile as I leaned over, widening my arms to give my shorter girlfriend a hug which she quickly accepted. "Are you okay?" she whispered in my ear as I gave her a quick nod before quickly pressing my lips against hers softly.

We pulled apart and I could feel everyone's eyes on us as if they were waiting for something. "What?" I asked as I stared at our friends, seated in different areas of the bedroom. "So you two are fine?" Jeri questions, and I looked at her weird before looking back at Alex "Why wouldn't we be?"

Everyone looked at each other before they stared back at Alex. "What? Spit it out." I said growing slightly annoyed. "We just expected you to be upset or something, you know, since she finally told you about the baby." Megan said cautiously as she shrugged her shoulders.