34

𝐸𝓋𝒶𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑒

Sherlock and I had an incredible honeymoon, filled with unforgettable moments of love, laughter, and passion. Each day brought new adventures and discoveries as we explored exotic locales and cherished our time together as newlyweds.

That night, as we finally retreated to our secluded villa, Sherlock's tenderness and devotion enveloped me like a warm embrace. Every touch, every caress was infused with a depth of care and affection that left me breathless, igniting a firestorm of desire that burned brightly between us. It was a night of pure bliss, where our souls intertwined in a dance of passion and intimacy, leaving us both exhilarated and satisfied.

But as much as we reveled in the blissful cocoon of our honeymoon, the pull of our responsibilities tugged at our hearts. Two weeks away felt like an eternity, and though we cherished every moment spent together, we were both eager to return to our work, to the thrill of solving mysteries and uncovering the truth.

On our first day back, I found myself immersed in the task of organizing Sherlock's personal belongings in our newly shared flat. The familiar scent of his cologne and the sight of his belongings brought a sense of comfort and belonging, but as the hours passed, I couldn't shake the overwhelming sense of longing that washed over me.

By lunchtime, the ache of missing him became too much to bear, and I found myself making my way to his office, craving the familiar warmth of his presence and the reassuring sound of his voice. For even though our honeymoon had been a dream come true, nothing compared to the simple joy of being by his side, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead, together.

I'm greeted by John when I enter the upstairs apartment. I smile warmly at him. "John, it's good to see you again. How have you been?"

"Evangeline! Welcome back. I've been doing well, thanks. It's been quiet around here without you and Sherlock." He chuckles. "It was a wonderful ceremony by the way."

I laugh. "I can imagine. We've missed being here." I look around. "Is Sherlock in?"

He motions to the study. "He's in his study. Been in there all morning actually. I'll let him know you're here."

"Thank you, John."

As John heads towards Sherlock's study, I take a moment to glance around the familiar surroundings of his old flat. It feels good to be home, but seeing everything look so differently will take some adjusting.

I spot Sherlock emerging from his study, a smile spreading across his face. "Evangeline, darling, you're back!"

I snicker since we've only been apart a few hours but regardless I run into his arms. "Sherlock, I missed you!"

"I missed you too, my dear. How was your morning?" He holds me close.

"Lonely, without you." I lean back to look at him. "So, I decided to come and see you."

He smiles and presses a kiss onto my forehead. "I'm glad you did. I've missed having you by my side."

"Me too. Shall we catch up on what I missed while I was organizing downstairs?" I remark making him chuckle.

"Of course. Let me show you what I've been working on." He eagerly escorts me to his office.

As Sherlock leads me into his study, John follows behind.

"Alright, so here's the situation." Sherlock starts. "We've been called in to investigate a series of mysterious disappearances in the East End. People have been vanishing without a trace, and there's been no ransom demands or any other indication of what might have happened to them." My mind gets overwhelmed with the amount of pins and information on the board.

"Fascinating." I lean closer to the board. "Any patterns or connections between the victims?"

"That's the strange part." Sherlock resumes, "There doesn't seem to be any discernible pattern. The victims come from different backgrounds, ages, and occupations. It's as if the perpetrator is selecting them at random."

Furrowing my brow I ask, "And have there been any witnesses or clues left behind?"

John shakes his head. "Not that we've been able to find. It's like they're being plucked from thin air."

Sherlock strokes his chin, "Did you gathered any forensic evidence from the scenes while I was away?"

John shakes his head. "I thought you'd like to join me?"

"Why don't you go on." I suggest. "I needed some help with a few things and then he can meet you there."

"Alright, I'll see you there, Mr. Holmes." John nods before leaving the study. "Address is 729 Justice St." He calls before leaving the flat.

Sherlock gives me a curious look, "What was that about?"

"Nothing." I shrug pushing him towards his desk.

"That wasn't nothing." Sherlock laughs before falling back into his chair. His eyes sparkle with amusement as I straddle his lap, a mischievous grin playing on his lips. "What is the point of your visit? Business or—"

Before he can finish his sentence, I lean in and capture his lips with mine, savoring the familiar warmth and taste of him. His response is immediate, his hands finding their way to my waist as he pulls me closer, deepening the kiss with a hunger that sets my heart racing. His tongue prods at my bottom lip and I let him in.

I break the kiss just long enough to respond, my voice breathless with anticipation.

"Pleasure."

Sherlock's eyes darken with desire, his fingers tracing tantalizing patterns along my back as he pulls me closer, his lips seeking mine with a renewed fervor. In this moment, there are no words, no thoughts—only the exquisite sensation of being lost in each other, bound by love and desire.

And as we surrender to the passion that ignites between us, I know that this is where I belong—here, in Sherlock's arms, where every touch, every kiss, is a reminder of the deep and unbreakable bond we share.

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐸𝓃𝒹. 𝒩𝑜𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎.
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒷𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓊𝓂𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓂𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒. 𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓀 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓈𝓊𝓅𝓅𝑜𝓇𝓉. 𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓀 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓅𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒸𝑒.