♡26/03/24♡

In the high-stakes chase in the second innings, Gujarat Titans faced an uphill battle after losing skipper Shubman Gill early on, putting immense pressure on the batting lineup. Despite brief sparks from Wriddhiman Saha and Vijay Shankar, the team faltered, losing crucial wickets at regular intervals. As the required rate soared, Sharmili watched with a sinking heart as David Miller's dismissal shifted the momentum irreversibly. With wickets tumbling rapidly, Gujarat Titans succumbed to the pressure, ultimately falling short by a significant margin of 63 runs. Sharmili's disappointment was palpable as she witnessed her team's valiant effort come up short in the face of a daunting target by CSK.

── •✧• ──

Sharmili was sitting on the bed in the hotel room while Shubman had gone for a bath. Shahneel had to leave due to some preoccupation but she would rejoin them before the next match.

It was a huge loss of 63 runs and Shubman was utterly dismayed. Sharmili was thinking of ways to revive Shubman's mood when she heard the click of the bathroom door. Shubman came out of the bathroom, with a towel wrapping his torso.

Sharmili felt a sudden hotness on her face, her ears getting reddened. This was a hell lot to take in. Sharmili knew that she was literally staring at Shubman's uncovered body for the past few minutes but she was unable to tear her gaze away; time seemed to have paused.

Shubman noticed Sharmili's eyes and couldn't help but smirk.

Shubman: *smirking* "tadna khatam ho jaye to bolna, uske baad kapde pehnunga"

This had instant effect on Sharmili. She looked away and felt -dharti phat Jaye aur wo andar ghus jaye.Sharmili got up and left the room. Shubman wanted to follow her but noticed that he was half naked and had to get dressed before leaving the room.

Sharmili went to the balcony, heavily breathing because- use dekhkar saans ruk gayi thi yaar! Sharmili was inwardly chuckling at his comment and cursing herself.

Sharmili: *to herself* "Kya yaar main bhi! My heartbeat is chuing aasman."

Shubman: *from behind* "Aisa kya?"

Sharmili turned to see Shubman standing beside her, in grey sweatpants and a black t-shirt.

Sharmili: *trying to supress the blushing*"Shubman stop flirting"

Sai Sudarshan was passing by and heard their conversation and before Shubman could reply...

Sai: "Why should he?"

Sharmili and Shubman were both surprised to see Sai but nevertheless they both chuckled at his comment.

Sai who was near about the same age as Sharmili had developed a friendship with her over the past few days.

He realised that they were on peak romance and this isn't a good time to tease them. Sai wished them goodnight and went to his room.

Sharmili: "Shubman bahar hawa de rahi hai, you will catch a cold, room mein chalte Hain"

They both went into the room and Shubman bolted the door. Sharmili was tired and wanted some sleep. Shubman on the other hand was very tired as well but wanted a conversation with Sharmili. Yes they had talked over phone had conversations with her in these few days but he actually wanted a long deep conversation with her. He wanted to know her depths.

Sharmili noticed Shubman lost in thoughts and she misinterpreted her silence.

Sharmili: "Shubman, are you uncomfortable about sleeping with me on the same bed?"

Shubman's trance broke but before he could process whatever Sharmili had said and reply, Sharmili had concluded it to be a yes and was moving towards the couch.