Chapter one, part i

~Do not enter is written on the door way,
Why can't everyone just go away?~

(Elizabeth's POV)

I sit up on our picnic blanket, my dad is preparing the food.

"Daddy, look!" I exclaim as I point to the forest line. "A bunny!!"

"Okay, don't go out to far Lizzy!" He replies as I sit up and run to it.

I reach the forest line, stopping by a bush. I crouch down and crawl in to see where it is..

I crawl out of the bush and look up in horror to see a shotgun to my head. I scream.

BANG!

I gasp as I jump up in my bed, clutching the blanket for dear life. I sigh as I try to calm myself, taking in my surroundings.

My family moved to Nockfell quite recently, to my dismay. I absolutely hate it here. There is nothing to do, it's way to quiet for a inhabitated town. It's a strange, quite place, nothing like Atlanta. I swing my legs off of the bed, getting out and putting on my slippers. God knows I'm not sleeping. I shuffle to my window, boxes littering my room. I haven't unpacked yet, and it's not really helping out with my whole ' my nightmares scare me too much to sleep '  situation. I sigh again as I open my window, looking out at the wooded surroundings of the apartment building. I haven't met the tenants yet, not that I want to.

The great first impression I got is my next door neighbor being murdered apparently. Just lovely. Also, I saw a girl, I think, with a mask just like mine, but the only exception is mine is completely white and has some stickers on it. She has blue hair, about shoulder length. It looks like she's moved here recently as well. Strange coincidence.

I decide to check the time, walking back to my bed- for the love of God it's 3 am. I love it sooo fucking much in this haunted, ass ghost town with a murderer on the loose. Well then, I'll just go to my living room and watch TV until the morning.

~~time skip :) ~~

"ELIZABETH CATHERINE."

I jump up to see my dad standing in front of me, the TV on some soap opera. I rub the sleep out of my eyes and look at him.

"Why are you sleeping on the couch again?"

I shrug, I don't really remember sleeping on the couch, but I'm in the living room so I guess. I get up, but my dad grabs my arm.

"You're going to go meet your neighbors, okay?"

A/N: eek! My first Sal× reader, I'm literally so excited for where the book can go :) sorry for the short chapter, but part two is coming sooner or later.

Good morning/afternoon/evening/ night,
Thanks for reading <3

478 words 🤐