Prologue

The fluorescent lights of West Mount High gymnasium hummed, casting a sticky yellow glow over the scene.

The air was hung heavy, thick with the metallic tang of sweat and a palpable tension that had nothing to do with the upcoming pep rally.

The cheer squad moved with robotic precision, their bright uniforms and glittering pom-poms a stark contrast to the grim expressions etched on faces.

Each practiced smile seem strained, a fragile mask barely concealing the fear that flickered in their eyes. Whispers of a brutal hazing had snaked through the school  hallways for weeks, each retelling adding a new layer of dread.

A twisted initiation, they said, for the newest recruit. A test of loyalty pushed to the very edge of endurance. But tonight, the whispers morphed into something far more sinister, a chilling reality that unfolded under the flickering gym lights.

Bound and gagged, the victim's muffled whimpers were swallowed by the squeak of sneakers on the polished floor.

The cheers, once a symphony of school spirit, transformed into cruel chorus, each synchronized movement a blow against the helpless recruit. The pom-poms, once symbols of pride, became weapons, their plastic tips leaving stinging welts on exposed skin.

And in the heart of it all, the squad leader, her eyes blazing  with a terrifying fanaticism, orchestrated the night's horrors with chilling detachment. This was no longer a team, but a pack, and tonight, the price of belonging was paid in pain and terror.