▪ p a r t - 1 - r a i n ▪

The theme of this part is this song

The theme of this part is this song. Put your headphones on and enjoy the rain with Arpana.

⁕ A r p a n a  P a t h a k

Lying lifeless in the desert, my gaze is confined to a sea of yellow that stretches endlessly before me. The sun's relentless rays smirk while scorching my skin, its blaze melts my gauds till it seeps into the very marrow of my bones.

Resigned to my fate, I harbour no hope for salvation. This desolate landscape seems a fitting backdrop for the end I've brought upon myself. 

But then, a shift occurs. The desiccated air gathers its strength and begins to challenge the torrid rays of the sun. I attempt to dissuade the wind from its futile battle and urge it not to waste its ruth on my prejudiced body.

But the breeze whispers of a promise—a promise of something, or someone, imminent. And then, it happens—the heavens open up. Rain falls in torrents, accompanied by thunderous roars.

The sun, shamed by its own cruelty, shrouds behind thick clouds and asks for forgiveness for the harm it had inflicted upon my body. Once beautiful now sore and burned.

When the drizzles fall on my face, mixing with the dry tears on my cheeks, and reach my throat. It quenches the parched earth and my scorned soul; I taste a familiar sweetness—a remnant of love amidst the storm.

In the rain, I taste my love, my Ruh.

"Did I make you wait too long?"

With a sudden jolt, the pupil of my iris shrank and my eyes adjusted to the harsh light. I blinked, disoriented, and found myself staring at my own lifeless form in the desert sands.

Clearly... I couldn't wait long...

______________________________

Glossary
Ruh - Urdu word for Soul.

VOTE, COMMENT, and SHARE this story with your friends.
Happy reading
∽ Love, Nisha🌸

Happy reading∽ Love, Nisha🌸