xx

"𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐔𝐌!" 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐃 before they could reach the floor. The six teens froze an inch above the ground. They collapsed, dust flying up. Dorothea stood up and brushed herself off.

"Department of Mysteries." Ron panted for air. "They got that bit right, didn't they?"

"The voices," Harry said as he walked towards a veil in the center of the room. "Can you tell what they're saying?"

"There aren't any voices, Harry." Hermione frowned softly. Dorothea watched Luna curiously as she stepped forward, her eyes wide in wonder. "Let's get out of here."

"I hear them, too," Luna said.

"Harry, it's just an empty archway," Hermione told him, her unease growing the closer he got to it. "Please, Harry."

Harry suddenly turned around. He raised his wand and shouted, "Get behind me!"

The others got behind him and raised their wands as well. Dark smoke clouded Dorothea's vision as the Death Eaters swooped down. She screamed and tried to swat them away – she even felt a hand that she could've sworn was Luna's reach for her – but she was snatched up and taken by someone, and she had a pretty good idea she knew who.

A curved wand was pressed against her neck. Her hair was yanked back roughly so that her head was resting back against Bellatrix's shoulder. She could feel the woman's curls tickling her cheek. They were just as soft and poofy as she had thought they were.

"W-Would now be a good time to tell you that I don't like people touching me?" Dorothea asked quietly, turning her head a little so that she could look up at her aunt. "I mean, o-once I'm more comfortable around them, then I don't mind, but since you're trying to kill me, I-I just—"

"Shut up, brat," Bellatrix hissed. She pressed her wand harder into Dorothea's neck, and the young girl whimpered. She looked over at where Luna was. The blonde met her gaze and gave her a small, anxious smile.

"Did you actually believe...or were you truly naive enough to think...that children stood a chance...against us?" Lucius asked as he slowly approached Harry. He nodded at Bellatrix, who smirked.

Some family reunion, huh? Dorothea thought to herself. This'll be one to tell Mum when school gets out. 'Oh, yeah, my year was great, Mum. I snuck into the Department of Mysteries, and your sister and brother-in-law tried to kill me and my friends. Betcha wish I stayed a loner now, don't you?'

She sighed. She leaned her head back against Bellatrix's shoulder, using her mind to manipulate her curls to touch her face. It was soothing and oddly comforting.

"I'll make this simple for you, Potter," Lucius said, holding his hand out. "Give me the prophecy now...or watch your friends die."

"Don't give it to him, Harry!" Neville shouted. The Death Eater holding him shushed him..

Harry hesitantly handed the prophecy over to Lucius Malfoy. As he did so, two bright, white lights materialized out of nowhere.

Dorothea smirked up at Bellatrix. "They are gonna kick your butt."

"Get away from my godson," Sirius said as he approached Lucius and punched him in the face.

"Get away from my sister!" Tonks fired a spell at Bellatrix, who disappeared into a puff of black smoke before it could hit her. Dorothea ran over to her older sister, who pulled her into a tight hug as the rest of the Order members arrived. "Are you alright, Thea? Did she hurt you? Oh, Merlin, you shouldn't have come here!"