𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓: 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝟐

Dogday slowly wakes up, hearing a strange scratching noise. He sits up quietly as to not wake the others, until he realizes that Y/n isn't next to him in the duvet with Puppyday gone as well. " Y/n?" Dogday whispers. " Where are you?" He gets up to look for her, getting concerned." Y/n? Angel, where are you?" Dogday calls out but also tries to keep his voice quiet. He started hearing the scratching noise get a little louder, and he also heard.... whimpering?

That must've been Puppyday and he sounds close by. The means Y/n might be somewhere around here too! " I'm coming Y/n!" He didn't care that he was loud and probably calling attention to himself to the unknowns, he just wanted to make sure Y/n was safe and sound. Dogday stopped abruptly when he heard the scratching and whimpering practically around the corner. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest and the fur on his arm standing on end.

Dogday slowly walked over to where the noise coming from, before finally laying his eyes upon a horrid sight...

Y/n laid dead on the floor, blood all over her body and Puppyday whimpering next to her as if he was crying. Catnap stood over them, a blank stare directed towards Dogday. He was in shock as he staggered over to Y/n's body and sniveled. " Y/n.... nononono.... p-please...... this can't be real..." Tears started filling up in Dogday's empty eye sockets. 

" You couldn't even save the one you sworn to protect, how pathetic..." Catnap sneered in disgust at the dog, slowly walking around behind him on all fours. " Your useless, a burden, a dirty waste of skin and life." Catnap continued in a raspy and cruel tone of voice, his words hitting Dogday like a rock. Dogday dropped to his knees in front of Y/n's body as tears fell down his cheeks like a waterfall and plopping onto the pool of blood, staining his fur.

" Angel... no... I'm so sorry...." " This is what happens to heretics that dare to stop the prototype. You should've known that by now that it's a waste of time..." 

" How foolish she thought that she could stop me." Catnaps' red smoke started coming out, it's now putrid scent filling the room around the canine. Dogday felt his heart throb in heartbreak and anger. Puppyday continued whimpering near Y/n's body before suddenly being crushed by Catnap slamming his paw on the poor critter, yelping pain before dying. " What makes you think you could save anyone?"

" Now... you shall rot alone.... forgotten.... nothing but a useless puppy."

" You are NOTHING."

" YOU."

" HAVE." 

" FAILED."

。゚・ 𖥸 ── -ˋˏ✎ ˎˊ- ── 𖥸 。゚・

" NO!!" Dogday jolts awake, sitting up right and panting in paranoa. Quiet sobs leave his throat and he feels two hands on his face. " Dogday?!" He turns his head to Y/n who had a worried expression on her face. " Snap out of it!! Are you okay? Your shaking like a leaf.." 

" Angel..? Y- you're alive...?" Dogday said through sobs as he felt his tears fall onto the duvet. " Of course I am! You started crying and screaming in your sleep so I tried to shake you awake." Y/n knew Dogday had a nightmare, so she understood how it felt to question if things were real or not.

" Oh god Y/n..." Dogday suddenly embraced Y/n tightly as he sobbed, his body shaking. " ANGEL!! THANK GOD ANGEL!!" Y/n is surprised when he hugs her but quickly hugs him back, comforting him as she listens to his rambling.

" I thought I lost you, angel!"

" I couldn't- Catnap-!" 

" I was so scared!"

" Oh god.... angel please, don't ever leave me!!" Dogday cries and begs for her not to leave him, the nightmare really took a toll on him. Y/n holds Dogday's head to her chest, right where her heart is as she strokes his head comfortingly.

" Do you hear that?" Y/n asks softly, looking down at Dogday. He nods his head. " It's your heart b-beating.." He sniffles and he keeps holding you close to him, slowly but surely calming down. " Mhm, and that means I'm still here.. and still alive." She runs her hand over his long ear, which seemed to have soothed him a little more.

" And for as long as I live, as long as my heart keeps beating, I'm not going anywhere." Dogday felt Puppyday slowly crawl onto his shoulder, nuzzling his neck as if he was comforting him too. Dogday looks up at Y/n, staring into her beautiful e/c eyes.

" .. promise?"

" I promise."

。゚・ 𖥸 ── -ˋˏ✎ ˎˊ- ── 𖥸 。゚・

Y/n woke up after a few hours, noticing that she had drifted off while she was soothing Dogday. Dogday still had his head on her chest, sleeping peacefully without anymore nightmares. Puppyday was lying on Dogday's back, curled up with his little tail wagging slightly. Y/n smiled warmly and stroked the soft orange fur on his head. Kissy wandered over to the two with Poppy on her shoulder, waving. She was relieved that he was sleeping after everything that happened to him, it was a pleasing and lovely sight.

" Is he doing okay? We heard what happened last night." Poppy said softly, a look of pity on her face. Y/n nodded as she continued petting him. " Yeah, he just had a really bad nightmare and I soothed him to sleep. Plus, he needs a big rest. Can we stay here just for a little longer Poppy?" Y/n asked quietly as to not wake Dogday and Puppyday up.

" Of course, we were going to do that anyway. We all still needed to rest. So until then, we're staying here for now." Poppy said and Y/n smiled, thanking her and looking back at Dogday.

" Sleep well, Dogday. We having a big journey ahead of us."