The Denial

Sitting at the altar beside her to be husband,Tears rolled down her cheeks, thinking how soon she will be leaving the home and all of her beloved family members.She had never thought that someday she will be getting married, through out her life she has rebelled on why marriage is the whole cause of most problems. One of the pandit noticed and said to her "don't be upset Beta! You never know if that side of the life is more beautiful than you could have ever imagined".Her father brother and uncle saw the Little tear drops on the cheek and got emotional.Before they could say anything to assure her, Arka noticed the tension and whispered to her,"Don't you worry Ma'am, I will keep you happy, I will put your well being and happiness before mine, you can surely trust on me,please please lighten up!".

This took her to the flashback before the  marriage has been fixed, where she was on a call with Arka and they were talking and on the phase of bonding, and someone knocked on the door, hearing the knock she said bye to him and cut the call and opened the door, and there was her best friend Aastha,on seeing each other both screamed with joy. Aastha asked her "so how is Sanjh up for a wedding,how is this even possible! How ! I'm surprised."Sanjh with a disheartened smile replied," I don't know how it's me up for a marriage, I'm so broke at this point with my insecurities and failures that I don't have any hope and confidence to pursue any further I'm fine being a Professor now and Arka as far I know seems to be a good guy but I don't know him to the extent that I should say yes for the wedding but  I hope it turns out well, the worst part is I don't know if I can bear the separation with my family, such a beloved daughter I'm and I don't know if he would care the same way as my family has for me, I can't bear the part where I will be baiting on a single person for my entire life and at the end he doesn't care and I end up ruining my time,emotions and life. I don't know,I'm scared."

At the Altar now the pandit asked both of them to stand up for the phera's Sanjh came out of her flashback,both of them took the rounds. Saanjh was a bit relaxed now thinking, she got her answer to some extent as Aarka made her assure that he's gonna put her happiness before anything else.

Now it's time for Bidai, and it was getting intense for Saanjh because she never imagined her worst nightmare would turn out to be true for herself. All the marriage history she knows has some deep scars, and she has seen some of her beloved strong and independent women turn into depressed and lonely souls. She locked herself in her room for a moment, thinking about how devastated she will be if the marriage doesn't turn out well. Calculating the recent trends and thinking how foolish of her to say yes to a wedding, especially to a person she barely knows for just a few months. Someone knocked at the door; it was her bhavi and didi with the groom, Arka. They were mocking behind the door, saying, "Arey darwaza to kholo, waqt agya hai bidai ka ab sasural jaane ki baari aagyi tumhari bhi chalo chalo jaldi karo." Saanjh has always been the princess of the family. She came near the door, unaware of Arka's presence, and spoke in a strong voice, "Aisa hai na, itni jldi main nhi jaane wali aapko intezaar karna padega or agar jaldi karni hi hai to fir Jaa kr keh Dein aapke naye jamai se ki aayein aur mana kr lekr jaayein! Asan nhi hota kisi ladki k lie mayke se dur jaana yun pal bhar m."

The ladies around got a little shocked and stared at each other. Before they could say anything, Arka broke the silence, "Ahem Ahem! Manane k lie toh main v tayyar baitha hu par kya aap ek baar mere lie darwaza khol dengi plz!" Saanjh, on hearing the voice, kinda got messed up and opened the door and looked at her sister. She said, "Arey lamba safar h avi dur jaana hai to humne socha dono saath main kch kha lete or thoda rest kr lete to accha rehta! Arka, now knowing the situation, said, "ab to lamba safar v humein chota hi lgne wala hai" to which her bhavi and didi giggled and went downstairs to bring the snacks to break the fast for the couple. They both entered the room and sat beside the balcony, now waiting for the other people to come and complete the leftover rituals. Saanjh was looking at all her beautiful plants that she raised on her balcony, with the rustle of the wind. There was silence in the room, slight noises coming from the backyard where all the male members were preparing for the departure of the couple and females prepping up for the rituals and traditions. Taking advantage of the time, Arka said, "I understand it's tough for you to leave your entire childhood and teenage years at this home and come with me, but I assure you this place will always be your first home and your identity. My family and I have no right or say on this, okay!" Saanjh asked, "Before, you said you will keep me happy, do you really mean that?" Arka replied, "I said, I will keep your well-being and happiness before mine. You are my responsibility now, and I am totally aware of it. I sincerely wish to be the one you can always trust upon." Saanjh asked, "Okay, but how can you assure me that you're not gonna hurt me emotionally and physically, I've...." Before she could say anything, Arka leaned forward and put his hand on her mouth and looked into her eyes, saying, "What made you think that I can ever hurt you? The moment I saw you, I fell for you. I was still not sure about you because I didn't know you in person, and the amount of time I spent with you before marriage was enough to convince me that you really need to be treasured. I've rarely seen anyone with such a beautiful mindset, and of course, not to mention the eyes." This little moment of them got interrupted as they heard the ladies coming upstairs. Arka pulled himself back, and Saanjh looked all red. Arka noticed the change in her facial expressions and smirked slightly with relief. They were served on a single plate with fruits, sweets, and with a cup of Rasmalai. Both of them needed to feed each other and break the fast. The groom had to take the lead, so Arka took a slice of apple and fed her, asking, "Was it good? You like apples, right? Sorry, I should have asked before!" Saanjh nodded yes. Her bhavi replied, "Aap tension na lo. Jo kuch v hai plate mein sab humari laadli ki pasand ka hi hai. Aapko to sab pasand hai na? Main kuch aur lekar aaun?" Arka said, "Arey nahi nahi rehne dijiye, biwi ji ko pasand hai wahi kaafi hai mere liye. Inhein khate dekh to Mera v pet bhar gya."

After they were done with the fruits, it was time for the rasmalai. They weren't even given a spoon to feed each other; they needed to eat from the same cup. So once again, Arka took the cup and fed Saanjh. She drank a little and took it from her hand and fed him the entire portion. Her didi and bhavi giggled, saying, "Laadli to rasmalai kisi se share v nahi karti. Lucky ho damad ji usne pura hi aapko pila dia, itna pyaar waah waah." This part of the info was new to Arka, and he kind of blushed on listening to it, thinking if she is getting a little relaxed and comfortable with me now. Then all the aunties and mothers of the house came to them. They took Aashirvaad from all, and it was the time for the Ring Snatching game. A big bowl of milk with flower petals where a ring was dipped was put in front of them. As per the rituals, they needed to find the ring; whoever finds it first wins the game, and it is believed that the one to win will be the dominant person in the marriage. Both dipped their hands and searched for the ring in a circular motion; their hands touched each other a few times. The next time they touched each other, Arka held her hand tightly. She was unable to move her hand gazed into his eyes seeking for an answer, but all she could see was him smiling at her with so much love and with an intense gaze. She got shy and acted like she was still searching for it, and soon Arka loosened his hand, gave her the ring, and brought his hand back to move. For three consecutive turns, Saanjh won the game. She looked little assured and jolly now but realized soon she will be leaving her room, home, plants all at once.

She knew the pain of separation will be unbearable for her; she's going to cry really bad during the Bidai. But that was not the issue. The thing is, she couldn't bear to see any of the members crying because of her during the Bidai. At the time they were about to leave, she took a chance and whispered to Arka, "You said you're gonna do anything for me, so here is your chance. Make sure I don't cry during the Bidai. It's gonna be hurtful, but I don't want any of them to be sad because of me. Please just handle it. I don't have the strength to fight off my emotions now."

Arka looked at her and turned to her with an unnoticeable kiss on her head and whispered, "That's it, anything for Laadli! It's gonna be okay. Just look at my eyes each time I call your name, Laadli." She nodded in agreement.

Now, as they were getting out of the house, Saanjh gasped loudly. Arka noticed and turned back to Saanjh's father and said, "Papa! Aap apni laadli ki chinta mat karna, main usse puri khushiya dunga," and looked back at Saanjh's eyes. He saw her eyes getting slightly filled with tears. Gazing into her eyes, he said, "And papa, don't you worry. You have one more son to rely on. I'm not just your Damad; I take you all as my family from today onwards. And I sincerely seek your blessings to make it up to you. Now, papa, mummy, allow us to leave. I will be back soon or anytime you need me." With this, they both entered the car and bid farewell.