[5]

The next day, my mother in law, came to meet us. We recently moved out of the Singhania mansion to a bungalow in the outskirts of the city. She sat down on the couch, as the staff placed some snacks and a glass of juice for her. Avyan was busy working in his study.

"Beta ... I hope you're doing well here!" She said, with a pleasant smile on her face.

"Yes Mom! I am doing great. Though I'm not used to the luxury, it's nice." I said, smiling back at her.

"Actually beta, I was here to tell you something very important. We are throwing a reception party for you and Avyan next week. There are a lot of people whom we didn't invite to the wedding, some shareholders, board members and other people from the business world, so we're inviting them to this party. I hope you're okay with it" she said, showing me the different invitation designs. I have been to more parties in the past one month than I've been in my 26 years of life. I can't say I hate it, but it's too much of a show to pull sometimes. I nodded in agreement and said "yes! Mom. I'm completely okay with it."

"Great! Then I'll send my designer Lara, to help you with the dress." she said. I wanted to wear one of my designs so I negotiated with her and she agreed. I am so excited to wear another of my designs. I don't know about the party culture but I'm enjoying the freedom.

Next week.

I bought one of my most simple works to wear for tonight's reception. It's simple but elegant at the same time. Here's the look I am going for.

Bows are in trend and this is a very simple dress

Bows are in trend and this is a very simple dress. It won't be too heavy to carry as well. I am going to top up the look with one of my favorites fragrances from my perfume collection. I always saved up money to buy my favourite perfumes.

I carefully sprayed the perfume around my neck. As I twirled in front of the mirror, admiring my reflection in the elegant dress, I caught sight of Avyan resting against the door frame. His gaze was fixed on me, and I felt a flutter of excitement at the intensity in his eyes.

I couldn't help but feel a bit self-conscious under his watch, but at the same time, his presence sent a thrill through me. There was something undeniably seductive about the way he looked at me, as if he couldn't tear his eyes away.

As I approached Avyan, my heart raced with anticipation, completely captivated by his mesmerizing gaze. He looked irresistible in his white shirt, the fabric clinging to his muscular biceps, and the black tie over it.

My excitement got the better of me, and in my haste, I accidentally stepped on the hem of my dress, causing me to stumble and fall into Avyan's arms. It's the closest we have been to each other.

His strong arms enveloped me, pulling me close to his chest, and I felt the heat of his body radiating against mine. I tried to pull away but his grip was too strong and his aura was too seductive to resist.

In that moment, my heart overruled my brain, and I leaned in to kiss his cheek, unable to resist the magnetic pull between us. But as I tried to pull away from his grip, he tightened his grip and pulled me closer. Oh! Stupid me! How could I get away from the consequences of my action. I felt a surge of excitement as he pressed his lips against mine, pulling me into a gentle yet passionate kiss.