Prologue

It was sunny again, the hot summer air outside made it impossible to get out during the afternoon. So again I found myself in the basement of my house, the stone walls made it a bearable place to relax until the sun found its way to shine on the other side of the world.

I can hear my siblings running upstairs as I walk between the shelves of long-forgotten belongings. A few years back, during another hot summer like this, I discovered that some of my ancestors got a liking for the kind of literature that I fancy.

After some time looking between some books that particularly don't attract me, I finally found one, it was heavy, and the cover was royal blue, definitely could be used as a weapon if I try hard enough. Recently I also allowed myself to judge a book by its cover, most of the titles and descriptions were gone or in the process of it, so how bad can it be to be a little impulsive?

One of my siblings ran downstairs with the power of a volcano, asking me to make the light dance again. I hid between the shelves as he said he knew I was downstairs and not on the beach with my friends. My mother and I are getting out of excuses to tell my siblings, they are getting older and smarter. Soon, I knew my reading spot in the family basement would be passed down to the little devil, who just announced he would use his powers to find me if I didn't show up.

— I already told you, don't go inside the shadows in the basement, it's huge, and you'll get lost like mother. — I showed up behind the project of human being, his hair dark as a black hole falling on his face as he turned and looked at me. — What do you want? Where is Kala?

— I want dancing lights. -  Not a single sign of recent shock could be seen in his eyes, that's dangerous, he's predicting me. - Kala went to the garden with mom. 

— Kala has dancing lights, you could have asked her to read one of your books. — He looked at me as if I was dumb just for stating that, Kala is just three years older than him, she can't control her powers that well yet. — Fine, but it'll be about this book I just found, and you have to promise you won't sleep here, I don't wish to carry you upstairs again.

The smile formed on his mouth as another empty left it made me regret my decision, but well... he's just four, and bored. It's been fourteen years since I've been four, but I'm also bored, bored enough to make a light theater that will only be watched until the first half, if I'm lucky.

We sat on the pillows specially placed below the rectangular window in the corner, my crystal was already by the side, from the last session of "dancing lights". I paced it between me and my brother, his eyes filled with excitement fixing it as if that was the coolest thing in the world, as if he didn't have one in his pocket. 

— Ready? — He nodded, and I touched the side of the object, now my powers would be transformed from what it looks like pure light, to projections of the thoughts that I wanted to show. I just hope mother brings me more water later.