Chapter 1

Despite being thrown over a bridge in 1969 by Alan Parrish and Sarah Whittle and being washed up on the French shores in 1996, the board game called "JUMANJI" somehow found its way back to Brantford, New Hampshire in 1996, where it was buried on a beach, until it was found by a passing runner and brought it home to his teenage son Alex Vreeke.

Alex Dad: Hey, kiddo.

Alex: What?

Alex Dad: I found something. You gotta check this out.

Alex opens the door and is given the board game as he examines it.

Alex: "Jumanji." Board game? Who plays board games?

Alex dismisses the Jumanji game and puts it on his nightstand and starts playing computer games on his television instead, the game notices this and late at night a massive green light shine as drums beat rhythmically as Alex wakes up and approaches the board, the drums stop. He opens the board and sees the inner game board has transformed into a video game cartridge. When Alex plays it, he is sucked into the game and goes missing to the point of becoming a town legend.

20 Years Later...

Twenty years after Alex disappearance, Spencer is playing on his PS4.

Spencer: Parry. Parry. Evade. Blam. Uppercut. Head slam. You're dead. Strike. Strike. Counterstrike. Head slam. Ka-pow.

His phone then buzzes as he gets a message from Fridge.

'You got it?'

Game Voice: Get ready. Fight.

Spencer replies.

Spencer: I got it.

Spencer looks back up only to see he lost the match.

Game Voice: You lose.

Spencer then gets another message.

'Freak house in 20.'

Spencer gets up and writes Fridge's essay.

Spencer: "...Benjamin Franklin, and it was this sense of national exceptionalism that fueled the spreading wildfire of westward expansion."

Spencer Mother: Spencer? Honey?

Spencer: Aah! Mom, what did we say about the knocking?

Spencer Mother: I'm late for work. You going to your father's after school?

Spencer: Yeah, probably.

Spencer Mother: Don't forget your EpiPen. Please, remember, the world is terrifying. Be careful of everything. I love you more than life itself. Bye. See you Sunday night.

Spencer: Okay.

Spencer gets ready to go to school as Fridge also gets ready to leave to meet up with Spencer.

Fridge: Later, Mama.

Fridge Mom: Eat something.

Fridge: I can't. I gotta go meet Spencer.

Fridge Mom: Spencer Gilpin?

Fridge: Yeah, Spencer Gilpin. He's, uh... He's been tutoring me. He's helping get my grades up.

Fridge Mom: I love to hear that. Little Spencer Gilpin.

Fridge: Yeah.

Fridge Mom: Your grades gonna be okay?

Fridge: That's why I'm getting help.

Fridge Mom: I'd hate for you to get dropped from the team...