A love mark

Odeth's Pov

      I opened my eyes slowly but remained on my bed, staring at the ceiling until I heard my room door open and close. I looked towards the door to see Isidore. She bowed her head.

" Good morning my princess" she greeted. I couldn't find my voice. I sat up slowly. For some reason, the atmosphere felt very calm. Isidore walked to my window, pulling the curtains to the sides, allowing the light of the sun into the room.

I looked at her and she turned to face me, holding her hands together.
" You should take your bath so you can have breakfast" she said.
" Is father waiting for me?" I asked.
" No. You can eat whenever you want. Would you like me to bring your food here?" She asked and I shook my head indicating a No.

She didn't speak anymore. After a while of silence. I decided to confirm what was on my mind.
" Elias has left" I stated. I felt so much weight on my body, I felt weak. I already knew the answer to my question because I could somehow feel that he wasn't close by.

Isidore did not say anything. I looked at her face.
" I mean.... The general" I corrected, remembering she didn't know Elias was the general's name.
" I know" she responded lowly.
" I figured it out already" she added.

I dropped my gaze as sadness washed over me
" So.... He's gone?" I asked. She sighed
" Yes. Princess" she confirmed. Disappointment washed over me. He left, he left even tho I begged him not to. I understood his position but I.... I thought he'd at least stay a little longer.

" Princess. You have fallen in love with the general" Isidore spoke. I didn't look at her, I couldn't, so I just kept my eyes down. She sighed again
" I knew something like this would happen from the beginning" she said.

I finally raised my head to meet her eyes and she stared straight into my eyes, not bowing her head as usual.
" What do you mean?" I asked. She stepped forward walking to me then stopped two feet from me.

" I saw how curious you were concerning the general. I expected him to push you away, but he didn't. I saw the way you looked at him. But especially the way he looked at you. He is very protective of you princess" she said. I stared at her.
" Protective of me?" I asked and she nodded.

" I don't know. But everyone in the castle sees it. It is rumored that the general doesn't care about anyone. But princess, I can promise you that it isn't just a rumour. He doesn't mind killing everyone here, especially prince Andrew" she said.
" But with you it's different".

I inhaled, taking in all she had said. I liked what I was hearing but I cannot know how true this was. Besides he's gone.

" Do you think he likes me?" I asked before I could stop myself. Isidore gave me a small smile.
" I cannot know that princess. But what I can assure you of is that, he cares for you more than anyone else" she said. Honestly, I wasn't satisfied with that.
" You should take your bath princess" Isidore reminded, changing the topic.

I nodded at her and stood to my feet.
" Also. Prince Andrew has returned to his kingdom. He looked unhappy" she told me .
" I told him I wouldn't marry him" I said truthfully looking down. She only hummed in response. I raised my face to look at her again. I wanted to tell her that Elias kissed me but I noticed her looking at my chest.

I looked down, only to see the spot between my breasts that Elias had spent time kissing and sucking on, had turned a dull shade of red but it was quite big. I quickly covered it with my hands and stared at Isidore with wide eyes.

I felt embarrassed. She met my eyes again.
" You must have been closer to the general than I thought, for him to give you a love mark" she stated.
A love mark? I thought.
" What does that mean?" I asked.
" Maybe he hasn't left you, princess. Because that looks like he has claimed you. Maybe a promise" she said.

I stared at her, trying to understand what she was saying. She held my shoulders and turned me around
" Go take your bath princess" she said, leading me towards the bathroom. I allowed her. This was the first time Isidore was acting so freely with me and I liked it.

....

    I tried to act normal and not think about Elias, but that was like trying not to breathe. I'd had my first kiss the previous night with Elias, the general.

The general?

This felt unreal. I couldn't believe that he was just a rumour at first and then he came to the palace.  I was scared of him at the beginning and then...... He kissed me. Was this a dream? I sighed, but then he left. Back to his life, while I'm here unable to stop thinking about him. I felt sad, I wished he liked me enough to stay, but it turned out that he didn't or maybe I'm just being selfish. He had responsibilities.

Later that day, a maid came to summon me that father wanted my presence. I went into his private office to meet him. He had a cup of tea on his table.
" Father" I said, announcing my presence. He raised his head to look at me.
" Come here, child" he beaconed and I walked to him.

I sat on the chair across from him. He sighed. I knew he would talk about the previous day, so I braced myself.
" Odeth" he started.
" I'm sure you're well aware that prince Andrew has returned to Aderia" he asked. I nodded simply.
" You rejected him" he said and again, I nodded keeping my eyes down.

He sighed and leaned back on his chair.
" His father wouldn't be too happy about this" father said and I raised my head.
" Father. Don't you see what they're trying to do? They are trying to take Velander as theirs" I spoke up.
" Odeth. It doesn't matter. As long as Velander is in good hands. Whom ever you marry would take this kingdom, all the same" he explained.

" I know father, but I don't even like him. I don't even trust him" I murmured. He waved his hand in the air dismissing the topic. He sighed again.
" You're now 20 Odeth. Most girls get married the moment they are 16 to 18. I have let you make a choice of your own because you are my only child. But it seems to me that you are not interested in getting married at all" he said, now frowning.

I understood the privilege I had compared to other girls and princesses.
" I will get married father. Just not to prince Andrew" I said dropping my eyes.
" To whom then?" He asked.

Another chapter is out... Yay...

Do you guys like tragedies?

I personally don't, I love happy endings but tragedies are cool sometimes. Lol.

Please vote & comment ❤️