11: moved on from her

song of the chapter: vampire by olivia rodrigo

zeynep's POV

it had been a few weeks since paige had left my dorm and i had blocked her. blocking her might seem harsh but i knew myself and if i hadn't blocked her i would've reached out to her because that's just how dumb i was.

i didn't want to avoid ice, nika, and kk just because paige and i had stopped talking but it was very hard to meet up with them when i had to avoid the blonde at all cost. so we just texted to the groupchat we had named 'the ballers and their future doc'. they didn't update me on paige and i didn't ask about paige. they knew better than to tell me about her.

nat was shocked by everything that happened, she soon became undoubtedly biggest paige hater. she kept telling me tips on how to move on, she expected me to love on very fast since paige and i technically never dated. i didn't really express much sadness, it felt like there was nothing i could've done differently but nat was still persistent about me moving on. her definition of moving on to someone else.

which is why nat thought it was a wonderful idea to set up a blind date for me.

i had no clue what this girl looked like, apparently i would think 'she is totally so fine' according to nat. i decided i could never get nat to agree to cancel and thought why not. we could be friends at worst.

which is how i ended up getting dolled up by nat as i sang along to the songs i was blasting.

i tried to help you out, now i know that i can't

"girl, calm down on the singing please. there's only so much a girl can take." nat complained as she curled the last chunk of straight hair i had.

"my bad, are we done?" i asked with a small.

nat nodded and turned me to the mirror. i looked really good. so i automatically felt good.

after thanking nat, i left my dorm to uber to the mediterranean restaurant the date was at, i didn't know if it was coincidental or if nat told her i was mediterranean and loved the food. either way, i was excited.

nat was very onto this "blind" part of the date, she didn't give me the girl's contact or name. so, when i got to the restaurant i texted nat, who alerted the girl. i looked around and suddenly my eyes caught onto a brunette get up and waive at me.

i shot her a smile and walked towards her.

"hi, i'm julie, you must be zeynep." she said as she went in for a small hug.

"yes, nice to meet you julie." i smiled as i sat on the chair she pulled for me and thanked her.

julie was very easy to talk to, we soon found each other telling each other all about ourselves and laughing at our silly jokes. Julie had dark brown curly hair, she was about 5 inches taller than me, her hazel eyes stood out in contrast to her dark hair, and she played one of the most attractive sports a girl could play; softball.

we were deep into our conversation when i suddenly heard kk's loud voice. i turned around to see kk and paige, the blonde was paying for their pickup order as she smiled at a joke kk was making.

suddenly paige looked up and noticed me staring at her. we made eye contact as her eyes shifted to the brunette in front of me. her expression almost looked pained, i could tell she knew.

she knew i was here on a date.

kk soon noticed what was going on as her eyes widened. she picked the bag up and dragged paige by her arm, "let's go paige." she calmly said as she gave me a small awkward smile.

paige shrugged kk's grip off and walked towards my table, her face stern.

i was screwed.

a/n: i hope you enjoyed this chapter, feel free to let me know your suggestions and please remember to comment and vote, i love y'all <3