3. The letter

Three weeks had passed since that late-night encounter with Ekaksh, and life had returned to its usual rhythm

Three weeks had passed since that late-night encounter with Ekaksh, and life had returned to its usual rhythm. As an actress, my days are filled with rehearsals, meetings, and the occasional red carpet event. 

And in these three weeks, he has quite improved. We do talk comfortably, Sometimes. We even address each other by our names. Rarely.

But today was different. Today, I had a photoshoot scheduled, and as I stepped into the dressing room, I was greeted by an array of sponsored clothes.

"Wow, they've really outdone themselves this time." I whispered to myself, being amazed by the management’s work. 

The racks were filled with designer dresses, each more exquisite than the last. It was like stepping into a fashion fairytale, and I couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement at the thought of trying them all on.

As I sifted through the garments, my mind buzzed with anticipation. Each outfit held the promise of transformation, better than the previous ones.

Which one should I wear first? The choices were overwhelming, but I finally settled on a sleek, silver gown that shimmered like liquid mercury under the harsh glare of the dressing room lights.

With the help of the stylists, I slipped into the dress, feeling its soft fabric mold to my curves like a second skin. As I twirled in front of the mirror, I felt a surge of confidence wash over me.

I sat on the chair for the makeup artists and hairstylists to do their job. My bodyguard, who has been working for me for 3 weeks now, was also present in the makeup room, eyeing over me like a hawk.

While they were doing my makeup and hair, I noticed his gaze on me in the reflection of the mirror. Despite all the commotion in the room, he didn't look away. 

I raised my eyebrows at him, through the mirror, and I noticed he blinked his eyes a few times and looked away. 

As the stylists continued their work, I stole glances at his reflection whenever I could. There was a certain tenderness in his gaze that made a shiver run down my spine. 

And again as Ekaksh's eyes met mine in the mirror, a small smile tugged at the corners of his lips. I rarely see a smile on his face. And that dimple, I wish I could tell him how pretty his dimples are. 

Control yourself. He's just a bodyguard. Nothing in front of you and not even suitable to fit in the list of boys that are running behind you. 

After my makeup, I gazed at myself up and down in the mirror for a few minutes and after complimenting myself I went to him and asked “How am I looking?” All I could get was seriousness on his face. “Hmm?” “It's not my job to compliment you.” 

I should have punched him in the face that day. One moment he is all sweet and caring, and the other moment all arrogant and cold. 

Soon the shoot began and I gave my best shots. After completing my solo photo shoot, it was time for the couple shoot with a male artist.