Chapter 1

A/N: so the first few chapters kinda suck, sorry haha. I promise it gets better as it goes. I'm planning on fixing a few things when I can xx
~~~

Emma's POV

"Go away" I whined to my mom who is currently pulling me out of bed for school.

"Em you got to get up it's getting late and your father and I have to go to work" she scolded turning on my main light.

"Fine, just go away so I can get ready" I mumbled

My mom finally left the room giving me one last look. Groaning from the thought of going to school, I walked up to the mirror and didn't see anything special, I mean I guess I'm pretty since everyone says I am but I really don't see it. I have long curly brown hair which I hate, chocolate brown eyes which I hate, and a small nose that I surprisingly like.

I'm currently single right now, which some girls would consider a blessing but you see I just broke up with my boyfriend two months ago and guys keep coming up to me and flirting. I don't think I'm ready for another relationship right now cant they get it?

I threw on some sweats and a fitted t-shirt, not really in the mood to put any effort in my appearance and headed down stairs to the kitchen.

Empty.

Wow, thanks mom and dad, you didn't even say goodbye or leave me breakfast, nice. I sighed and rubbed my still sleepy eyes before looking at the clock.

"Shit" I cursed to myself

I'm late.

I ran out the door and sprinted to my car. After a fast 3 minute drive I sprinted into school just as the bell rang.

"Woah Emma slow down" my friend Eric laughed as he saw me running towards them

"Shut up, I woke up late" I groaned

"Only you can make that outfit work" Angie said with a jealous look

"Thanks?" I said in confusion

I opened my locker and collected my first period books. I noticed one of my friends, Megan staring at me with a weird look.

"Nice hair did you even touch it?" Meg asked with an amused face

"Fuck my life" I ran into the bathroom and just redid my ponytail. Meg's my savior even though she can be annoying. Don't get me wrong I love my three friends but it seems like when I'm with them they make everything about me like I'm the queen.

My friends were all good looking. Meg had black hair that stopped right above her butt and bright blue eyes. Angie had blonde hair that reached just below her shoulders and blue eyes. Eric had blonde hair and baby blue eyes. Everyone says Eric and Angie could pass as siblings but I can't see it. It's also a known fact that Eric and Meg like each other. Everyone seemed to know except for them. It was a typical love story.

I walked out of the bathroom and headed to my first class, Health. Of course the one class I'm late to is Health. This class is hell and I'm sure Ms. J is the devil. I opened the door to be greeted by stares and smiles.

"You're late" Ms. J said from her desk

"Yeah sorry, it won't happen again I promise!" I chirped, putting on my best fake, cheerful smile.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, just take a seat" Ms. J said waving me off

I looked around the room and only saw one open seat and it was next to a boy you can't miss. Blake Stevens. He is the school's 'bad boy' no joke everyone is scared of him but me. I have never spoken to him but I know he isn't really that scary. I sighed and made my way towards my seat.

"Well, if it isn't Mr. Blake Stevens" I said as I approach him

"Hello to you too, Miss perfect" he snapped back.

Perfect? If only he knew.

"Don't ever call me that again, ok?"I told him.

He gave me a smirk as I took my seat next to him. I started to zone out as soon Ms. J started talking again and of course started thinking of Blake.

What made him do all those bad things?

Does he have a bad past?

Maybe he's just an ass. Either way I kind of wanted to find out. Blake always skipped classes. This is actually the first time I saw him in this class. I remember one day coming in to school and hearing that he'd gotten in a fight and won which didn't surprise me. The kid had muscles. He had abs and amazing arm muscles, no wonder girls go crazy for him. Oh, that's another thing rumor has it that he is a player. I know I should be up to date with all the gossip since I'm "queen bee" but I generally hate gossip. I was always taught the saying:

Don't talk about a person if they aren't in the room to defend themselves.

"Class, pay attention!" Ms. J boomed as she slammed a fake doll onto some kids desk.

I had to rub my eyes and blink a couple of times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. I have a bad feeling about this.

"This semester you will be participating in The Baby Project. You'll be taking care of your child with your partner and will be graded on how well you care for it." She stated

I glanced around the room and found Luke, a mutual friend and gave him a small smile hinting that I wanted to be his partner. He nodded his head and gave me a quick wink before turning his attention back to the butch like woman in the front.

"I'll not be telling you the gender because that's up to you to find out through changing the diapers. You will be handed supplies at the end of the day in this classroom. Now, talk amoung yourselves while I get the partners" She explained making me nervously chew on my lip.

She already made partners?

I glanced over to Blake who stared out the window without a care in the world. God, I hope I don't have him. Yeah it'll be a blessing to be near him since he's so hot but he wouldn't help.

"You two are partners, take care of the baby. I can see what you are doing through the camera built in the eyes so don't try anything" Ms. J said, placing a doll swaddled in a blanket on my desk then walked away.

Fuck.

"I totally zoned out what happened? Is that a baby?" Blake asked, scrunching his nose

"Yeah, we are partners now so here" handing him the baby but he quickly pushed it away

"Um, you keep it I hate kids" Blake said shaking his head

"Well I have class! And you can just skip class and go home with it!" I exclaimed shoving it into his arms

"Fine" he mumbled, grabbing the doll by it's arm.

The bell rang and Blake went straight to the trash and looked at me.

"Dont you dare throw out our child!" I yelled a crossed the room

Blake laughed and tossed it in the trash making it start crying. Great.

I ran up to the trash and got the baby. I looked over to Ms. J and saw her disapprovingly shaking her head.

I'm going to get an F on this project.