17. Bittersweet Memories

Dedicated to @justnotnormal1 for leaving amazing comments and for also loving RUSHED :)

ONE OF THE HARDEST CHAPTER I'VE HAD TO WRITE.

I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HORSE-RIDING, SO PLEASE UNDERSTAND THE LACK OF IN DEPTH KNOWLEDGE ON THIS HOBBY :) GOOGLE WAS MY SOURCE OF INFORMATION SO BLAME GOOGLE HAHHAHA IJK :D

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / FOLLOW

XOXO,
LOSALINI

•••||||•••

Four.

That was the number of reasons I had for knowing for sure that today was going to be a bad day.

One, I was obviously spending it with the demon spawn himself. Two, Will had to an appointment today with some friend, Dylan had a shooting and Evan had golf with his father and some investors. Therefore I revert back to my first reason, adding the fact that it would only be us. Three, I hated the tight riding gear that his ass-ness had sent last night, because and I quote, "I don't trust your fashions sense". And fourth, I didn't know a single thing about horse-riding. Heck, I hadn't seen a horse in real life at all. The only ones I saw were those competing in the infamous Melbourne Cup Horse race thingy. See, I didn't even know the proper name of the race thing.

Did I mention I was spending the day with him alone and the fact that I didn't know a single thing about horses?

I struggled to shove my feet in the a little bit small riding boots Douglas had sent and groaned in relief when one foot slipped in after ages of struggle. I had a half a mind to call him and tell him I wasn't feeling too well, but then I thought twice about it.

For all I know, he had concocted this whole horse-riding ruse suspecting I would back out at the last minute. And I wasn't about to give him another reason to get me out of this job, although I wouldn't want anything more than to be as far away as possible from him.

With both my boots finally on after another amount of time dedicated to doing so, I grabbed my small bag and headed for my little piece of hell on earth.

* * *

"No freaking way," I sighed out as I looked at the insane person standing in front of me in a slightly similar riding gear. Instead of the black and brown coloured ensemble I was in, Douglas' riding gear was blue and gray, a contrast to his green eyes.

"Why not?" He smirked as he leaned against the steel iron fence that housed the numerous Thoroughbreds behind. "It is your job."

I chuckled at the idea. "My job is to follow you and make sure you don't get your spoiled ass into any sort of trouble, Douglas. Not to ride a freaking horse."