♚40. TOTALITY

"The first monster you have to scare the audience with is yourself

"The first monster you have to scare the audience with is yourself." - Wes Craven

L e x i sB l a d e

"SO TELL US..." Mason started off. "What is the union's next move? If you answer our questions, we won't let you free but we will keep you alive. Just prove your value."

Keranos smiles sheepishly before shaking his head. Mason turns to me and I give him the signal to carry out his next move. Mason pulls out a machete from its cover and yields it infront of Keranos who was now visibly shaken.

"You know, I can still use this and keep you alive. So tell me? How do you want this to go?"

"I don't know much..." Keranos spoke up. "I swear."

"Alpha!" A warrior calls as he runs in with a walkie-talkie in his hand. "It's connected. We have D on the phone!"

I grabbed the walkie-talkie with my adrenaline rushing though my body. "Hello? D? What's the issue?"

"Alpha, it's great hearing from you alive and well. Councilwoman Tarah and I have been doing our best to hold things down at the island but we have run into some trouble."

    The room went quiet, and all the warriors in the room turned towards my direction.

"Whats kind of trouble?" I asked.

"The union capital has sent officials to the island." D tells me.

   Whispers and exclaims erupt throughout the room, and I watch as Mason drops the machete that was in his hand on the floor in shock.

"And that isn't the worst of it...Samia and the children have gone missing and we asume they are approaching the west."

"That area hasn't been eradicated!" Mason explains. "My child is one of the children on that island!"

  I put my hand up to silence him before giving him a look that spoke in volumes.

"At exactly what location are these officials heading to?" I asked.

"They are heading to the east side which means they are coming in our direction." D answers.

"And the kids and Samia? How do you know they are heading west?"

"Councilwoman Tarah says Samia had walkie-talkied and that she spoke of the kids getting sick. We assume it's because of the air born diseases of the west side." He says making Mason hiss at what he was hearing.