Chapter 9

Alice's P.O.V.

  We were finally ready for the world meeting when Antonio and Gilbert decided to show up. I hurried towards the door, finally getting to do my favourite job. I loved greeting people and I hadn't got to do since Francis had always wanted me to stay hidden. But I guess we didn't have to worry about that anymore.

  Francis came down the hall just as I opened the door with a big smile on my face. Antonio and Gilbert practically fell through the door. Gilbird tweeted and flew in after them and I couldn't help as my smile grew. This used to always happen and I didn't even realize that I had kind of missed it.

  "Oh, mon amies, there is no hurry to get through the front door." Francis smiled at his two friends. I laughed as they both tackled Francis in a hug instead of responding.

  "So what Gilbert said was true." Antonio said as Gilbird came and landed on my shoulder. The little bird had a tendency to find me, every time Gilbert was here Gilbird would come and find me right away. Come to think of it that was probably how Gilbert found me in the first place.

  "Oui." I answered.

  "Well it's very nice to see you again, Ice." He said using his old nickname for me. He gave me that nickname after I had declined his offers to take me home multiple times in the eighteenth century.

  "Well it is very nice to see you have not changed, Mr Carriedo." I smiled as he came and gave me a hug. I would have been shocked if he hadn't done this before. Although I was a servant back then it seemed as if he had always had an interest in me.

  "And Mr Beilshmidt, I see you are still as awesome as ever." I said once Antonio let me go. The Prussian came over and gave me a hug as well. "Oh I'm terribly sorry, you are not Mr Beilshmidt, you are the awesome Prussia as you have told me before."

  He smiles at that, seeing at how I remembered something from that long ago. Although he is no longer a nation Francis told me how he still likes the be called be Prussia. He thinks that way he won't dissolve. But the truth is, is that his brother is the one keeping him alive. No matter how much Ludwig finds Gilbert annoying, he won't let him die, because Gilbert simply means too much to him.

  He let me go and took a step back and Francis took a step towards me. I looked up at him and smiled. He smiled sadly at me and slid his arm around my waist as if telling Antonio and Gilbert I was his. I looked back at the two guests and saw that their eyes were wide. I laughed behind my hand at their reactions.

  "So that is why you're still alive." Antonio stated.

  "You know, the way you say that seems extremely rude." Arthur said as he walked down the hall towards us. I smile once I notice he has a cup of tea in his hands. He seems to never go anywhere without tea. Even when I was eight and asked him what he would like to drink, he had chosen tea.

  "France-y pants, why is he here?" Gilbert asks. I can't help but snicker at the nick name and the fact that Gilbert more like whined the question.

  "He is here for the world meeting tomorrow, why else would he be here?" I asked a rhetorical question. I wasn't going to tell them about how Francis had been practicing his swordsmanship. If he wanted to share them he would tell them himself.

  "Well if he's here or not he better not get in the way of our BTT time." Gilbert said with a sly smirk.

  "I wouldn't plan on it." Arthur said as he took a sip of his tea. Then he looked at me, nodded and walked away. I nodded back even if he couldn't see me, it was the less decreed way of a bow or curtsy.

  "Well, if you excuse me I think I may join Mr. Kirkland for a cup of tea. I wouldn't want to stop you all from having your Bad Touch Trio time." I said and did a miner curtsy, then looked up at Francis. "Do not try and argue, you need this and you know it." I whispered in his ear then kissed his cheek.

  Francis's P.O.V.

  "How come mon petit Alice sometimes knows me better then I know myself?" I asked no one in particular as I watched her walk down the hall.

  "I wouldn't say sometimes, amigo, more like all the time from the looks of it." Antonio said as he put a hand on my shoulder. Gilbert just mumbled something that sounded like an agreement.

  "So do you two have any amours?" I asked as I turned my attention to them. They both nodded but seemed as if they didn't want to talk, which was strange. It was as if they were in some sort of trance.

  "Bonjour?" I asked as I waved a hand in front of Antonio. He jumped a bit but seemed to snap out of it, along with Gilbert.

  "Oh, ja, I have mein Birdy." Gilbert stated. "Matthew." He added answering an unasked question. My eyes widened in shock.

  "Mon garson?" I asked and he nodded slowly. Well I didn't really have that much of a problem with that. There were a lot worst people out there then Gilbert.

  "Just a fair warning, hurt him and I will hurt you." I said honestly. I wasn't trying to sound threatening, it was just the truth.

  "So what about the not so awesome but still awesome Antonio?" Gilbert asked trying to get the topic away from him.

  "Lovi, can be a handful sometimes but I do love him." Antonio said and I could tell he was being truthful. The last time I saw them together I could tell that they truly did care about each other. Just like Gilbert and Matthieu. In that moment I knew we had all broken our promise about not falling in love, but if that were for the better, we were yet to find out.