Chapter 3

"Who the fuck do you think you are!?" Mason Barked as his arms were around me like a lock with chains, making me feel uncomfortable. I heard Nate growled inside his chest. Mason snorted and said "Go away enemy! This is none of your business! She is from my pack and she broke a few rules of mine," My eyes widen as I looked at Mason, what did I do wrong? Hide Jane and Daniel?

Mason tightened his grip around me as he tried to drag me else where, "But she said leave her alone," Nate growled taking a step forward. I could feel anger and rage coming from Nate and I had a bad feeling that this won't end well. Mason sighed and hissed "I said this isn't your business Dog! Now go fetch a stick or something! This girl is gonna receive her punishment," "What did I do wrong Mason!?" I asked obviously scared. He pulled my face near his and said "You disobeyed me by not hanging out," suddenly Mason was knocked away from me and he crashed on the wall, hard.

Mason quickly got up and was about to attack Nate but I stopped him and shouted "Mason! Go home!" but he looked at me furiously. He knew he felt it. The Alpha blood that runs through my family. "I am your Alpha, Skye! You listen to me, know your place!" he shouted as he pushed me down. Nate then attacked Mason and they started to wrestle each other, violently. My eyes filled with horror as I watched each Alpha fighting, fighting over me. Suddenly a voice boomed through the sky that I knew the other side of the world could hear it,

"STOP!"

We three turned around to see my father standing there, watching us. With Daniel behind him and both of them were holding a grocery bag. Nate quickly got off Mason but then Mason quickly threw a punch at Nate but Nate's expression showed no hurt or pain. "MASON!" my dad barked again. Everybody still listened to my father since he is the rightful Alpha and in any minute of any day, he could take back the title. "Sorry Toni, I was protecting Skye," Mason lied as he wiped the blood coming from his nose. before I would want to run up to Mason to see if he was okay but now I was furious and angry at him.

"I know what happened Mason, I can feel my daughter's feelings. We have a bond. Mason, you can go home now," my father said, as I walked up beside him. Daniel came up to me and asked "Are you okay?" I nodded and showed a weak smile. I was shock that Nate didn't growled at Daniel for being near me. Mason stomped away and into his car. My father then looked at Nate and said "Thank you for standing up for my daughter," Nate bowed to my father and said "Just doing the right thing," he looked at my father then me and whispered "Good night," And then he ran off into the forest. My father then turned to me and asked "You alright?" I nodded and smiled as he put his arm around me and led me to the car.

-----------------------------------------------

        As we got to the house my father said "Skye... You know I love you right?" I knew that my father knew that Nathaniel was my mate. I looked down to the ground ashamed. "Yes, I know," I said without looking up to him. He sighed and said "Don't be ashamed Skye, Alpha Nate is a good man even though we are enemies," I looked up and asked "If he is a good man then why are we enemies with him?" Daniel smirked as he was putting away the grocery. "When I was the Alpha and haven't met your mother. Me and Nate's father were good buddies. We didn't fight, we helped each other. Mason's father didn't like it. Nate's father is strong and powerful. Nobody wanted to mess with him not even me," my dad said.

"When Mason's father became Alpha, he cut every connection we had with the Elite Pack. He claimed that Nate's father was planning to take over our territory and in the end Mason's father did the biggest mistake of his life," my dad said. "What is that?" I asked as I helped Daniel with the groceries. My father sighed and leaned on the counter. "Mason's father wanted to kill Nate's mother but ended up killing Nate's older sister," Daniel continued on. They do hang out a lot.