Chapter 9: The Flower Blooms

Klynn Blaire
_______________________________________

This has been excruciating work. I should've just declined and leave it at that, but of course I had to be stupid and accept the proposition of being a beta. I'm definitely not a reliable person so I don't know what they saw in me. Maybe it's the stress making me feel this way. And I have been attending every training sessions which they are so strict on.

It's getting colder outside and if I remember correctly I was banished like maybe 5 months ago? Damn, time goes by so fast...

"Klynn," Kyle whined. "I want some cookies, can you bake me some?" I sighed, but got out of my seat anyways and went to the kitchen. He followed me towards the kitchen and sat on the kitchen counter. He usually hangs out in my office because he's always bored.

We became good friends since nobody really talked to him anyways. There were about 5 people, not including me, who were rogues before they joined this pack and he was one of them. The people in Ashley's old pack that survived are closely knit together but the people who weren't from their old pack are set aside. I mean they're nice, but they wouldn't have have a full on conversation with any of us. I guess it just depends on how much they trust you. They clearly think Kyle is a threat or something, but he's pretty much just a big cuddly bear, or you could say wolf. He said sorry for being a bitch to me and that he just didn't trust me at that time. I don't know how I don't look trustworthy, but it's just my opinion.

"Are you gonna just stand there or do I have to bake them? I love your baking better though. I kinda suck at cooking anything," he said, pouting. "Don't worry about it, just thinking a bit," I said, smiling to reassure him.

"Is it about me? I said sorry numerous times. You know I didn't mean it when I called you those names. I mean they're fun to use and say, but --." I shushed him with one of my fingers and shook my head. "If you keep rambling on, I'll be forced to bake your cookies at a later time." He shut up and started humming a song. I feel like he's just a child in a very mature body.

I grabbed the ingredients out of the pantry, then the fridge, and starting mixing all the dry ingredients together. "Do you think I'll ever find my mate? I always feel lonely even if there are people nearby. I just want to feel needed, I've been a rogue for half of my life so I didn't have much time to find my mate." I looked at him with a sad smile and went over to sit with him.

"Don't worry, you'll find your mate soon enough. If its a girl or guy you should be happy when they come along." He frowned when I said guy, but I glared at him which quickly stopped him from saying anything next. "Please accept your mate for whoever they are because you will regret it. Plus if I hear any homophobic remarks from you then I will consider never talking to you again." I patted his back and put the cookie mix into the oven.

"I know, it's just I never thought about having a male mate. You're gay so you know what it feels like right? Spill the beans!" My eyes widened in shock and I shook my head. "Well I did have a male mate, but they're pretty much just history now. I don't want to go into it so let's leave it at that." I never told him I was gay but I'm technically out of the closet anyways.

"However, having a mate feels wonderful. For the like 10 seconds I had one, it was great. When you touch each other, in the non-sexual kind of way, you can feel sparks. It make you feel all warm inside, and it tingles. Sparks are pretty much the equivalent to real sparks just without the fire and the burning.

"So can I experiment on you? I swear this won't ruin our friendship," he said. I was surprised at the sudden question he asked me, but agreed anyways. "We aren't experimenting sex, okay?" He nodded and walked over to me and looked me over. "How do I start? Do I just, um, do this?" He fidgeted nervously, earning a chuckle from me.