Chapter 35

Alice was feeling upset; after she had closed the video chat, she felt as though things were more complex than they needed to be

                Alice was feeling upset; after she had closed the video chat, she felt as though things were more complex than they needed to be. Normally she was not the vengeful type, not the kind to want to make someone upset. But all Alice wanted to do was finish off what her and Beck started before Johanssen had called to her. She nibbled her lip, telling herself that she didn't want to bring the relationship there while she was seething inside. It wouldn't be fair to Beck, but all she could think about was the feeling her gave from all throughout her body, and how much she was craving to feel his lips all over her body. She scowled at her reflection in the dark screen in front of her, and took a deep breath.

She left the rec room and floated down to her own room. She was far too tempted to go knocking on Beck's door, but held off because she knew that if she saw him, things were going to go from zero to one hundred a little too fast. And it would all be fueled by her distaste for Patrick, and her want to get back at him for not only cheating on her, but for thinking that he had a chance with her, and nagging Nick when he had way too many things on his plate to begin with. She was seething by the time she got into her room, and she flopped down onto her bed with a thump. She didn't say goodnight to Beck as she usually did, in fact, it was way to early for bed anyways, but she didn't want to see anyone. She needed to take this time to calm herself, because she suspected that she would be seeing that email from Patrick sooner rather than later.

And it came the next day.

"Alice,

Our time apart has really given me the chance to think. We've both made mistakes, throughout the duration of the relationship. I know where I have fallen short, and I'm willing to do anything I can to fix that. My jealousy got the best of me, and I am deeply sorry for what I have done to hurt you. Some part of me felt as though, because you weren't there and I had the thought that maybe you'd fallen out of love with me and into love with that guy, that it was okay for me to...

I cheated on you, and I wish you didn't have to find out the way you did. After it happened, I wanted to tell you, but I was unsure of how to say it, especially with our given situations. I wanted to wait until you got home, but things got messy and you found out before I had the chance to figure out how to say it. I can promise you that it was a one time thing, and I never saw her after that; not even now that things are strained between us. I am eager to see you when you get home, and I know that we can fix things between us. When I asked you to marry me, I was being serious. It wasn't out of guilt that I did it, though I do think it could fix things. Perhaps some couples therapy could work, I'm willing to try anything.

I would also understand if you want some more time apart; we can live separate, especially since I have found another place. Anything at all, please tell me what you want or need in order for us to fix this. I haven't messaged before this because I was scared, I thought we both needed time to reflect and to accept what had happened. I hope I am not too late, because no matter what happened, I love you. Seeing that you are going all the way back to Mars for that Watney guy, it scares me. We've been informed that it's a dangerous mission, and I hated the idea of you going out there in the first place.