Untitled Part 4

*Back to Amelia's POV*

"Wake up, love. You have to eat." I woke up to someone whispering in my ears. I opened my eyes to see Gio snuggling his head in my shoulders.

"Hi." 

"Hi." He smiled at me charmingly. How is it possible for me to have such a handsome and charming mate? I sighed looking at him thoughtfully. "You've slept the whole time I was gone?" He chuckled.

"Yeah, you chased me all around the forest for about an hour yesterday. You can't blame me." I said to him.

He raised his hands up as if surrendering. "Let's eat lunch then?" 

"Late lunch, you mean?" I asked. It was about three in the afternoon already. "Where's Carina by the way?"

"Carina's with Madison. She seemed to take a liking on your puppy." Gio said, chuckling. Madison? Who is Madison? Sister? Friend?  "Madison is Angelo's mate." Oh. 

My stomach growled loudly stopping me from answering Gio back. My face reddened immediately from embarrassment. Oh Goddess. 

"Come on my hungry monkey. I gotta feed you." He said, lifting me up from the bed bridal style. I squeaked, surprised.

We went down to the kitchen to see a girl playing with carina. She must be Madison. Madison turned around to face us and her smile widened when she saw me. "Hi there! You must be Amelia. I'm Madison." She said, her blue eyes twinkling. 

"Hi. Nice to meet you Madison." I said shyly. I'm not used to interacting all that much anymore. Madison looks to be twenty years old and she's got that blonde hair blue eyes angelic look but there's something about her that makes her look different. She's definitely the true match for Angelo.

"Your puppy is so cute. No wonder her name is Carina. In italian it means cute." Madison said. 

"Oh yeah, that's why I named her that." I replied. Carina is very cute so the name fits her perfectly.

"Are you by any chance, Italian?" She raised her eyebrows in question. 

"Uh, no. Someone close to me just suggested the name. She's part Italian." I answered, remembering Jaqui. It's a shame I wasn't able to say goodbye to her and Josh. I should inform them next time I go back to get my things. 

"Oh. Anyway, you guys should eat while I play with Carina here. Nana Sylvia cooked food for you guys." Madison replied then walked away with Carina.

I turned around to see Gio looking amused. Why? I don't really know. Weird guy. "Come on let's eat. I'm hungry." I said, dragging Gio with me to the counter and setting plates. It's weird how he was just chasing me a while back and now I'm so comfortable with him. I guess this is how it is when you meet your mate. 

There is steak and salad served in front of me and I can't help but groan at the sight of it. Food, I love! From time to time, when I go into town, I get to eat cooked food by Jaqui or in other diners but most often I eat fresh produce, which is good but sometimes you just miss the oil, the burnt parts, the smell and all that. Gio and I started eating but he was staring at me all the time. 

"Yes?" I finally asked. He kept staring, it was getting awkward. 

"Nothing, I just can't get enough of you." He said, smiling at me lovingly. I can't help but smile back. I just can't believe I have found my mate already and he's right here with me. I'm wondering how long my happiness will last this time. 

"Really now?" I said, chuckling. "Well, I can't get enough of this steak." I added. It's true though, the steak is absolutely delicious! I love it.