| CHAPTER TWO

╔═══════════════════════════╗
REAPER
( chapter two ) ╚═══════════════════════════╝

THE HUM OF THE TRAIN WAS ALL THAT COULD BE HEARD BY NADIA AS SHE GAZED OUT THE WINDOW

THE HUM OF THE TRAIN WAS ALL THAT COULD BE HEARD BY NADIA AS SHE GAZED OUT THE WINDOW. The scenery outside became nothing but blurs of green and brown as they zoomed by. She glanced down at her knuckles, at the dried up blood crusting over the cuts, her mind wandering to the events that had happened earlier that day.

She was right when predicting that people would protest after the news about this year's Games was announced. Many complaints from the Districts arose and it was then that Nadia had been instructed to head back to 4 for the reaping. She had been told how it was all going to work, how her name would be the only one on those peices of paper, so it would be certain that she'd be choosen.

Nadia felt nothing as she saw the familiar ocean that used to be her home. I have no home now, she thought to herself as the train came to a stop.

She exited, being greeted by the residents of District 4. They crowded around her, but kept a safe distance in case she decided she wanted to use her gun on one of them. She didn't look at them, didn't acknowledge the calls of her name, she just kept walking straight, quickly jumping into the sleek black car waiting for her and ordering the driver to step on it.

The Martell girl arrived at a hotel on the better side of the district within a few minutes. Grabbing her backpack that contained an outfit for the evening, she entered the building. The man at the front desk immediately recognized her, holding a key out to her before she even reached him. She said nothing as she took it from him, riding the elevator to the 3rd floor and finally arriving at her room.

It was clean, really clean, to the point where she could see her own reflection in the tiles of the bathroom floor. It smelled of bleach with a hint of lavender soap. Her eyes scanned the walls and the furniture. The room was also big, too big for one person; it made her feel lonely.

Nadia shook the feeling off, busying herself by undressing to get ready for the reaping. A knock at her door stopped her in her tracks, her brows furrowing for a second before she silently grabbed her gun from the holster strapped to her thigh.

Slowly stepping toward the door, she looked through the peephole to see a group of people that wore neon colored clothes and had bright colored hair; they were definitely from the Capitol. Opening it, the four of them all smiled simultaneously, looking rather excited to be in her presence.

The Martell girl gave them a weird look before crossing her arms over her chest, making sure her pistol was in their line of sight. "What do you want?"