Chapter 4

Well, this is the new chapter, and as promised, Ariel meets an important character here. I hope you like it. Please don't forget to vote, comment and fan. I would love to get some feedback.

The pic on the right has been changed. It now features the picture of Magaly Solier who is how I imagine Patricia to look like.

Fighting her instincts to protect her freedom - Chapter 4

Ariel had been worried about meeting Alpha Rafael, after all alphas are strong intimidating figures in the werewolf community ; however she was pleasantly surprised to find out that Alpha Rafael was actually very nice and fair. He explained the basic rules in the pack house, which where similar to those Ariel had always obeyed anyways. The main differences resided in the fact that they were an urban pack and therefore had to be more cautious with their runs in wolf form. Since they couldn’t just run around the city as wolves, they had purchased a golf club, and after some modifications to the perimeter, they now had a place in the middle of the city for them to run. Besides that little piece of heaven, they had a larger country club just outside the city in a town called « Chaclacayo » which had a warmer climate than Lima and larger areas where they could run in the woods and play in the river. Both clubs were available to all members of the pack but, for obvious reasons, no human was allowed.

The initiation ceremony was nice, all pack members who lived in the pack house were there and they very friendly to her so she was at ease most of the time. However, in order to show her submission and loyalty to Alpha Rafael, she had to shift into her wolf and that’s when the attention she attracted grew exponentially. Ariel’s wolf was extremely beautiful: she had mostly white fur but her paws were of a sparkling silver, the same color of her eyes in wolf form. White wolves were not common so she already knew people were going to be interested, but she still felt embarrassed when she heard the reaction from the pack members that attended the ceremony. Aside from the gazes of pure amazement she received, the evening unfolded nicely and she was happy to see she had found a nice pack with very welcoming members and no mate in sight. She even made some friends, two of whom were also going to be freshmen at her University.

Claire was a beautiful thin blonde. She wasn’t Peruvian; she came from Belgium and was only going to be in the city for a semester. Patricia, on the other hand, looked very much like most Peruvian girls Ariel had seen in photographs during the research she did before coming to the country, except she was much taller than average. She had a curvy body that made most guys turn around whenever she walked near them and deep brown eyes that seemed mysterious and kind at the same time.

Three days later, her first day at the University came and Ariel went early with her two new friends to the welcoming ceremony. The University was quite big, with green areas all around, and even had some animals like deers, cats, dogs and lovely birds. She took her time walking around the campus before she went to the auditorium. There she sat calmly for the first twenty minutes until she felt a strong gaze in the back of her neck. She turned and saw the most beautiful green eyes ever. Her wolf screamed inside her « mate » and that was enough for her to snap out of the trance she had been. She didn’t want to meet her mate! She had to run before he could see her completely. So that’s what she did: she ran out of the auditorium and ran as far as possible from it until the connection she felt disappeared. Her wolf was beyond angry. 

-        He’s our mate! We need to meet him! 

-        You know I don’t want to meet our mate. 

-        I thought you’d forget about that foolish idea once you saw him. 

-     Well, I didn’t. I don’t want to meet him. I just arrived here! I don’t want this to be my last adventure!