To Forget The Past: VI

"Wait, really? Scottish?" I asked, my eyes wide in shock. He only nodded while he smirked at me. "But you don't sound anything like Scottish people on TV" I inquired, confused.

Isaac stopping smirking and rolled his eyes in annoyance, "Yeah, because they're fake." my mouth turned into an O shape as I slightly nodded. "Big shock," he said sarcastically, rolling his eyes for the second time.

"You know, if you roll your eyes they might get stuck like that." This only made him roll his eyes another time, causing me to chuckle and shake my head slightly.

"Thought you wanted to be alone." I looked away from Isaac, my eyes landing on Kane, towering over my figure. His voice laced in pain, yet annoyance?

I simply just ignored him, taking another bite of my sandwich. Kane dragged over a chair, the metal scraping on the floor making a horrible sound that made me cringe. I looked up from the table, Isaac gave me a questioning look after glancing over at Kane.

Turning my head towards Kane, I locked eyes with the green-eyed boy who reminded me so much of my pain. He just kept on staring, his eyes were empty, I couldn't read the emotions he certainly was feeling; I hated it.

I pulled my eyes away from his, looking down at my phone, clicking on Instagram and passed my iPhone to Isaac. He grabbed it and rose his eyebrow at me, I only nodded to the phone. Isaac finally realized what I was saying as he typed in his Instagram username pressing follow to send him a request. He handed me my phone back, feeling the awkward tension, nodded to me and walked away.

Sighing, I turned my attention to Kane. "I'm not mad at you." I was looking at my fingers playing with the sleeve of my red and black flannel, really not wanting to remember anything from last night or the car ride.

"Then what's wrong?" His voice came out gravelly, making me want to look up to see his expression, but I just couldn't. I opened my mouth and sighed quietly, trying to form the profusion of words and letters floating around in my head into a sentence that could explain everything, but I couldn't. All the words tripped around, tangling together.

"I-" I breathed in deeply and glanced up to find Kane looking at me carefully, tipping his head forward as if to tell me to continue. I looked away, wary on what to say. Thinking of all the possible things I could say to explain everything, I laid it out in my head, now knowing exactly what I'd say, but before I could stop myself I blurted out excuses.

"Something happened, okay? Then, from that, I did something considered 'bad', now..." I took a deep, shaky breath and continued, "now hearing that song reminds me of it, hence what happened in the car." I decided that that was enough said to make him stop questioning what was wrong; it worked.

Kane nodded slowly, then quickly stuck out his hand, picking up my sandwich and took a large bite. He smirked slightly at me as I threw him a nasty glare, but really I was only glad he stopped pestering me about what happened.

~~~~~~

While Kane and I walked around the mall the previous tension lessened. We were wandering through stores aimlessly, dragging out random comments about the clothing, until we stood outside a candy shop. The outside walls were painted a light shade of blue, all outlined in white. Walking in I glanced over at Kane, his green eyes were twinkling with happiness as a wide smile stretched across his face, he looked like a kid living in the perfect world.

I inhaled deeply, taking in the smells of sweet and sour swirling around us as a smile made its way up to my face, my eyes scanning the small first room, filled with chocolate truffles and smaller candies. Not being able to keep my eyes on one thing, I slowly made my way to the back room, leaving Kane in the chocolate aisle.