✎twenty-fifth period.

Hi, my safe Haven. I know you're confused and mad right now and I'm sorry I had to leave you the way I did. You know me, it's hard for me to talk about serious things face to face. So this letter, Haven, will give you the explanation that you deserve, even though I didn't deserve you.

But first, I'm so sorry, my love. Don't blame yourself for this because trust me, you're all I have and I wouldn't dare leave you without a reason.

God, this hurts. I love you so much, my safe Haven, with everything that I am. I want you to know that if it weren't for you, I wouldn't have made it all the way here and I would've never experienced happiness.

Thank you, Haven, for being there for me and for being you. You are such a beautiful person, so don't you ever forget that.

Now, I'm not going to be around anymore, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be happy. I have so many regrets in life, Haven, but being with you was never one of them.

But not marrying you when I had the chance is my biggest regret and always will be. So please, Haven, don't waste your life away like I did, you're too good of a person for that.

I'm going to tell you why I left now, Haven, but I want you to be strong about it.

I'm sick. I've been sick for a couple of months now, but I didn't tell you because I didn't want to see the sad look on your beautiful face. But it's going to be okay, my safe Haven, I promise.

  You are going to continue to be the amazing woman you are and you're going to live your life to the fullest. But most of all, you're going to be happy, Haven.

And, as much as I love you, please don't try to find me because I don't want you to see me this way.

  But, hey, to cheer you up, I left some presents for you! On every birthday of yours for the next 50 years, white tulips will be delivered to our house with a new note from me every time.

I left you my lucky shirt too, so you'd never forget me, and it's under your pillow in our room.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

She gasped and quickly ran up the stairs. Never had a piece of clothing made her so happy. Holding it to her heart, she went back downstairs to continue reading.