TrÜmpet DÜn!

Wednesday (two weeks later)
End of school
2:56pm

"Mr Joseph, how about you pay attention today." The music teacher snapped looking in the back at Tyler and Josh. Who have been gossiping the entire period.

           This was the second week of band, and Tyler loved it. Well he liked spending time with Josh. Tyler was completely star struck by Josh to be honest. Whenever Tyler would hit a wrong note when playing, Josh wouldn't snap at him and tell him he's horrible. No Josh would place Tyler's fingers in the right position and explain it to him.

     Tyler wouldn't occasionally mess up, just so Josh would help him with it. The  band usually practices a lot in the          beginning of the year. And it being  recruiting season meant a lot of practice.                                   After class Tyler packed up his
   trumpet and began to head towards door.

        "Hey, Tyler." Josh called, walking up
behind him.

           "Do you want to come over to my house today, I understand if you don't want to though. He added, looking a bit discouraged during the last part.

  Tyler grinned, nodded rapidly.
"Yeah I don't think my mom would mind, I just gotta call her first." He replied, digging his hand into his pant pocket.

Josh smile, as he walked pass him and out into the quad. Tyler was nervous to go to the punk kids house for the first time. He hoped it wasn't unbearable awkward and his parents were nice. Tyler was completely unsure of why Josh wanted him to come over, so when his mom asked he froze.

"I don't really know." Tyler muttered

"I think he just wants to hang out." He added.

Mrs Joseph giggled, she agreed. But not before threatening him about breaking curfew. Tyler swiftly hung up and began to stroll over to Josh, Josh drove to school so that meant they had a whole car ride ahead of them. And that almost made Tyler shit bricks. Josh started to motion Tyler over to the school parking lot. The parking lot only had few cars still in it, teachers began to swarm the area.

           Josh naturally just opened the door for Tyler.

        "Oh, uh sorry if you didn't wan- my mom kinda brainwashed me into doing that. He explained, he looked so bashful trying to not make Tyler feel uncomfortable.

Tyler shook his head in complete disbelief over Josh actions. The fact that Josh was apologizing for being polite was down right innocent. Once inside the car Tyler strapped himself in, looking inside the car he once threw a basketball at. He watched as Josh started up the car and drove out the parking lot.

"Do you want to go straight to my house or somewhere else?" Josh asked keeping his eyes on the rode.

"I thought you wanted me to come to your house, though." Tyler replied, a little surprised by the question.

Josh flashed a quick smile, before turning on the radio.

"Yeah, I know. But wouldn't it be funnier to go get something to eat? Or go to a skate park?" He replied with excitement lodged in his throat.

Tyler liked Josh for that, he knew Josh was shy and a bit nervous. But he liked how Josh didn't let it get him down. He tried to summersault out of his comfort zone. The radio blasted heavy metal, Tyler watched Josh jam out to it.

"I like the way your hair moves.." he whispered under his breath, he assumed low enough yet it wasn't.

"You like my hair?" Josh asked, glancing over at Tyler.

Tyler froze, he barely managed to choke out "yeah, I do.."

Josh let out a small chuckle, he ended up pulling into a fast food parking lot. Once parked he began to rock out to the end of the song. He quickly grabbed his drum sticks and did the drum solo against the steering wheel, he did it perfectly. Once the song trail off he looked over at Tyler.

"You're amazing! Um like at the drums." Tyler spewed out.

Josh bit his lip as he put his drum stick back into his backpack. Tyler got a little confused as Josh started up the car again.

"Did you park just to do the drum part?" Tyler asked.

"Of course, I couldn't do it while driving."Josh replied.