Chapter 59 - Always

This isn't the last chapter!! I've still got some more to write so I'll have the actual last chapter up after this!

__________________

I wasn't sure if it was just me but Harry's skin had lost its tan. His blood soaked shirt had been tossed into the bin, and I hoped the dark memories followed. My eyes were so heavy as night drew close, my body and mind aching from today's occurrences. As I kept my arm wrapped around his, I wish I had maybe just a little of Harry's strength.

"So... thanks for everything, Mrs Briffen." Harry said to the plump lady standing infront of us.

A weak smile stretched across her face. "Please," Her breath hitched. "Keep her with you. Always."

Harry nodded in accordance and I was slightly surprised when he pulled his arm from my grasp and leaned forward to hug Mrs Briffen. I found myself smiling at their exchange of sweet gestures. She seemed just as taken aback as me as their embrace ended and she pulled away to say, "The last time you gave me a hug was when you were losing your milk teeth."

I chuckled, then said goodbye one last time before sliding into the car. As Mrs Briffen's husband began to drive, I knelt on the leather seat and waved my hands until I could no longer see the boys or Mrs Briffen. Harry grabbed my waist, pulling me to sit down beside him. "Maybe you're overdoing it just a little." He was smiling.

"We might never see them again." I justified. The thought was depressing. Harry lifted his bandaged arm so I can lean into him. I sighed and did just that. His features contorted as his wounded arm slowly descended over me. A smile crept onto my face in spite of my exhaustion.

"I could move to the other side." I suggested, peering over to his healthy arm. 

"No. I'm not disabled." He said. 

The car hitched over the uneven surface of the roads, so we were shaking inside for a while and it was difficult for us to fall asleep. Mrs Briffen's husband Howard was a very quiet man and a dedicated driver. He didn't say anything except 'Ah, sorry!' whenever the car shambled. Harry would keep telling him to drive properly but it wasn't his fault. The roads were badly maintained in these areas.

"You okay?" Harry pushed the hair from my face, looking down at me.

I swallowed the growing lump in my throat. "Harry,"

"Mhm?"

"Nevermind." I changed my mind.

"You've already started it. You have to finish it."

"I left the necklace back at the apartment." I said. I remembered the time I had joked that I'd lost the necklace and Harry threw a fit.

"That's bothering you?" He pressed his knuckle to his eyelid, rubbing.

"Everything's bothering me." But there was something else in particular, and it didn't involve the necklace. "But, well,"

"I'm about to fall asleep so you better hurry."

"Okay," I drew a sharp breath. "Do you- do you think we could be related, somehow?"

I jolted as Harry's deep laugh filled the car. "My dear Thalia there is no way we could be half siblings because both you and I were already born at the time our parents began hooking up."

I suddenly felt stupid for asking. "So you... knew when it was?"

"I was aware that my mother was seeing a guy before the divorce. Who knew it was your dad. Funny how that's the reason we ever met. My dad's a cunning bastard."