16

⚫⚫⚫

⚫⚫⚫

Your POV

A day had passed with several rumors. The office was filled with gloomy ambient and uncomfortable silence. Only the ticking of the clock and clashing of the keyboard were produced through out the space.

I pondered ㅡ fingers placed on the keyboard yet I wasn't pressing any keys. The other hand was playing the pen. I became devastated; who could've sent the message? Nobody was supposed to know about it.

Except Jung Hoseok.

No, no, he wouldn't do something like this. But, I can't think of anyone except him. Technically, anyone could've known since Jungkook and I had been going out together publicly.

My eyebrows creased as I bit my nail, anxious. The ticking of the clock made my stomach churned. I tilted my head skyward ㅡ heaving a long sigh. I knew, my other co-workers were eyeing my every movements. I ignored their gazes as much as I can.

Closing my eyes momentarily, I've decided to not think about it anymore and my fingers on the keyboard started typing furiously once more. But I abruptly halted when a voice shot a question.

"Eunhee, is that rumor really is true? I haven't hear your explanation." Sunhi peeked her head at my desk, sounded quite demanding. I only managed a sigh while looking at her anticipated expression.

Smiling awkwardly, I answered, "None of it is true. Why would I be married to a rich man like our CEO? I also prefer an average man." I lied, denying her curiosity with overreacted expression.

Sunhi rounded her mouth and gave several nods. I smiled idiotically before looking around ㅡ hoping that the others heard it and cleared the misunderstandings, or so I called it.

After a brief second, I heard a gasp escaping Sunhi's mouth. Glancing at her, I saw her mouth agape while staring at something behind me. I tilted my head to the side in complete puzzled. Shifting my gaze off her, I followed her eyes and really, I regretted turning around.

Jungkook was standing behind me ㅡ leaning arm against the door. His emotionless eyes piercing through mine. His presence brought a dead silent through the whole room. I didn't know how to react. My heart was thumping so fast, it hurted my chest. I had so many questions crossing my mind.

What are you doing here?

The secret will be exposed if you don't walk away.

Don't you care about the secret anymore?

Are you here to fire me?

Did you hear.. what I said earlier?

The last thought drove me into madness. Maybe he did heard it. Maybe he was standing there while I was denying the fact that I am his wife.

"An average man, huh?" Jungkook's lips parted open and started to speak in low uninterested, like he had always did. I closed my eyes, mentally ready to be fired right in front of my co-workers.

I heard footsteps across the marbled floor. Closer, closer and closer. I could hear it come closer towards me. Intrigued, i sneaked with one eye to see a pair of familiar shoes standing in front of me. Moving my gazes up to the person, I saw Jungkook with the most fake smile I had ever seen in my entire life.

"An average man you say, yet, you're married to this abnormal man." Jungkook cynically exclaimed. My eyes rounded, perplexed on his own behaviour.

Before I even managed to utter another word, Jungkook pulled me by the wrist and my body accidentally crashed against his. I was slow to realised that I was already in his arms, standing right beside him. Few gasps could be heard around the room. I, Jeon Eunhee, hoped nothing than to be sucked by a hole and disappear.

"I know this is late and I apologize for not mentioning earlier."

Jungkook suddenly talked, he brought me closer to him ㅡ pressing my body against his.

"I am married to Kang Eunhee. Please treat her nicely."

-

I know this is boring, right? Well yeah I'm sorry but my brain is only pooping lame ideas only :( and I'm sorry if it's not good cuz I planned my story by drawing manga lol

This is how I planned my story 😂😂😂