Jaxon

Okay so I'm like half asleep right now and this hasn't been edited so I apologize in advance if it is crap.

******

I still can't believe Angel managed to get through to Maia when even my mother couldn't. Though Maia has never really gotten along with her so I guess it makes sense.

Something solid hits my chest, jerking me out of my thoughts. "Yo dickwad! Are you going to just stand there all day?"

I turn to my aunt with a glare. "Did you just call me dickwad?" I growl.

She sneers. "Yeah. Why? Did I hurt your feelings?"

"What are you—nine?" I snap, shaking my head.

"On a scale of one to ten," she smirks.

Maia's cackle fills my ears. "Oh snap—"

"Okay all of you can stop acting like you're immature pups and get back to training," a new voice chimes in.

I look over to see Zella sitting on a pile of mats, her legs crossed underneath her. She looks pointedly at Angel who just scowls. "Way to ruin the fun babe."

Zella rolls her eyes. "It's my job Angel. Now bickering like a five year old is not training so I suggest you get back to sparring," she says.

Angel grins. "Why don't you make me?" she growls with a flirty wink and I groan.

"Oh my god please stop right now," I grumble.

Zella giggles, pushing her glasses further onto the bridge of her nose. "Okay that's enough baby, we don't need to scar your nephew."

"Okay fine," Angel sighs before turning back to Maia who has been watching with an amused smile the whole time.

They go back to their sparring and Maia finally succeeds in pinning Angel—for about two seconds before getting flipped flat onto her back. She lets out a groan, her face contorted in pain. "Don't get cocky Maia, you almost had her pinned but then you got excited a little too soon," Zella calls from her perch.

"Yeah I got that thanks," she mutters. I hold out my hand and pull her to her feet, chuckling at her exhausted groan. She takes a deep breath before turning to me suddenly. "Hey does this mean I can finally go in the ring?"

"Fuck no. Mom would kill me if I let you in there," I chuckle.

"You're completely useless now."

"What? How?"

"Mom's not even here and you're still scared of her so much that you won't help me break one tiny rule," she growls and I stare at her.

"One tiny rule? Maia, mom only has three rules. No shifting, no overthrowing her or dad, and no Maia in the fucking ring!"

She glares murderously at me out of the top of her eyes but says nothing more. She turns around and stomps back over to Angel, demanding to go again.

I roll my eyes at her childish behavior. "Am I the only mature one in this family?" I mumble, heading over to Zella.

She scoots over so I can climb up to sit beside her. She suddenly leans over to me. "You know I'm supposed to be training the warriors right now but this is so much more entertaining to watch," she tells me.

I look over at Maia who is arguing with Angel. Angel's eyes suddenly go dark and she lets out a growl that makes my eyebrows shoot up in surprise. "Damn," I mutter.

Zella grins. "That's my girl."

I can't but smile a little as I watch Zella's face. She stares at her mate with so much love and admiration, it makes my heart pang a little.