Chapter 17 - The fake husband

Ashley's POV

I didn't know what to say. I was totally shocked. I didn't wait for this coming from him. He proposed to me.

"James...I..." I mumbled without knowing what to say.

"Ashley, don't get me wrong. Just for the baby. A fake marriage. If we get married, you can tell your parents about your pregnancy without feeling uncomfortable. Plus, that bastard will think that the baby is mine. And there will not be any problem. The problem is solved." He said.

It was sensible. But getting married... I didn't know what to think.

"Ashley, don't decide immediately. Think about it." He said as he placed his hand on top of my hand, giving me a reassuring smile.

"But you? Your life? I can not want this kind of sacrifice from you, James. It is too much." I said sincerely, shaking my head in disapproval.

"Ashley, don't worry about me. I was thinking about it for awhile. I didn't propose to you without thinking. And in some way, you will help me, too. There is a girl. We met up a few times. I didn't like her. But she is too clingy and I can not clarify that I don't like her. She asks to give her a chance, saying that everything will be good between us in the future. There is a partnership between our fathers in some projects. And they are our family friends. Because of that, I can not do anything more to keep her away. But if we get married, she will stay away from me."

I gave him an unconvinced look. "How about your family?" I asked.

"I will tell them we are married, too."

"I don't know, James." I sighed.

"Don't rush to give an answer right now. Think about it how long you want." He said; I nodded.

After talking to James, I went to Kelly's. I told her about James's proposal.

"What?!" She looked at me, shocked. "Wow, James!" She exclaimed, grinning. "I told you he loved you." She added, giving me a knowing smile.

"Kelly, don't be ridiculous. It is a fake marriage. He wants to help me and get rid of that girl."

"I don't believe this story. I think he lies to you to make you accept his proposal." Kelly commented.

"No,I don't think so."

"But still, I am all for telling Blaze about the baby. He should know."

"No,Kelly. I will not tell him. It is not up for discussion." I said confidently.

****

I wake up feeling nauseous. I rushed to the bathroom covering my mouth with my hand.

After throwing up, I washed my face. I went back to my bedroom and changed my clothes. I went downstairs and had breakfast with my parents. Then, I left to meet up with Kelly.

When I walked out, I saw Blaze. I closed my eyes as I sighed, annoyed. I walked towards him.

As soon as I approached him, I snapped at him. "What the hell are you doing here again? Don't you understand that I don't want to see you?!"

"Ashley, please. Forgive me." He pleaded, giving me a sad look.

"Ms. Parker, is there any problem?" The security guard interrupted us, looking at Blaze.

"No,Josh. He is leaving." I said firmly, giving Blaze a dirty look.

"Ok,Ashley. I am leaving now, but you will listen to me. I will not give up. I love you." He said with a serious expression and got in his car.