[ Chapter 4: Help ]

It's been almost a month, Alexia has been all alone in her cell. No food, water, or even sleep. No one ever checked up on her since Alpha Zachary left her. I guess I'm left here to die... she thought to herself.

Since she is a wolf, it would take more than starvation for her to die. Alexia knew to herself that her mate was only doing this to make her suffer. Never did she want this for herself to happen but she'd rather suffer this fate than telling the truth.

All she did was staring at the dark walls of her cell while her body made contact with the cold cement floor. Once in a while, she shifts into her wolf form but it doesn't ease her pain. Although, she could feel an upcoming full moon and that means she can regain strength.

After drowning in her solitude, footsteps echoed through the whole dungeon. It meant that someone was there. When the sound became louder, she knew that someone was approaching her.

"Hello?" Alexia whispered, not that she was afraid, but only whispers came out of her mouth.

When she figured that it was a man standing outside the iron bars, she scooted herself further away from him. She couldn't handle any more pain. "I'm not here to hurt you, Lexi." He said.

I know him.... Alexia realized.

"Dad." That's when she broke into sobs. The tears that she kept for too long escaped from her forbidding eyes. Never did she know that her father is still alive and most of all, strong.

Moments later, Alexia's father started unlocking the gates. "Dad, no, h-he will h-hurt you!" She cried. Even though she wanted to get out of there, she didn't want to risk her father's life.

"Listen to me, Lexi. You have to save my granddaughter, she's not safe here and you know that." Alexia shivered in fear because of her father's words.

Since his father is a naturalist, he flicked his fingers which quickly produced fresh fruits for her to eat. Then, he unlocked the gates.

"It's up to you now, Lexi. Take care and don't forget, I love you and I love my little Zoe." After his father gave him a tight embrace and a kiss on her temple, he left.

Alexia felt tears falling from her eyes. She longed for her father's comfort ever since she left but they both knew it was for the best. Like a hungry predator, Alexia ate the fruits his father has given her and used all her strength to find her way out of the dungeons.

She didn't have a plan on how to get Zoe but all she knew was to save her. Alexia followed the faint scent of her daughter and as Zoe's strength became stronger, Alexia sprinted.

It surprised her that her daughter's scent was leading to the pack house. She thought of all the worst things possible that could have happened to her daughter like, being caged, beaten, or even tortured but her daughter was in a pack house.

Alexia still knew the insides and outsides of the pack house. She didn't smell any guards or any wolves close by. It was all quiet. So she picked on the lock of the back door. When she was inside, Zoe's smell led her upstairs and when she finally knew which room Zoe was, she gasped in terror and shocked.

Why would my daughter be in the Alpha's office... She asked herself even though she didn't want the answer.

Being the brave wolf she was, she burst through the door. What she saw gave her so many emotions that the tears she's been keeping fell down, the walls she's built in her heart crumbled. All that she's been trying to be, strong, crushed down.

Her eyes met her daughter's eyes. She's completely frozen. Her daughter stared at her, she was saying something that her mother couldn't hear. She tried not to forbid her emotions from coming to the surface but this time, she failed.

After moments that felt like minutes that turned into hours, she came back to her senses. Zoe was holding a book, her favorite novel, on her hand while the other kept on tapping her mother's arm.

Even though she felt other people inside the office, her attention was focused on her daughter. To say that she's in awe of everything that's happening is a big understatement.

She followed Zoe, holding her small little hand on her palm. She lightly squeezed it to make sure that everything isn't a dream, that she's actually living a dream.

"Mommy, are you okay?" Zoe's question seemed to be everyone else's question in the room. She tried to think of her an answer and she said, "Of course, Z, I just missed you, sweetie." Alexia wiped her tears and kissed her daughter and wrapped her in a tight hug.

"I missed you too, mommy but daddy told me you would come back." It broke her more to hear her daughter say the word 'daddy.' All these years, Alexia has been selfish enough to keep him from her daughter.

When Alexia had the courage to utter some words, she asked, "What did you do while mommy was gone?"

Then, Zoe answered with her beaming smile. "I did a lot, mommy! Daddy brought me to ice cream shops, I love cookies and cream. Daddy taught me how to swim in the lake. Then, we shifted to wolves! Do you know that daddy also has the same mark on my shoulder?"

Alexia faked her smiles, she didn't expect that Zoe would accept her father that easy. Most of all, she didn't expect Alpha Zachary to love his daughter. She knew that something wasn't right.

"Zoe, go play downstairs, daddy will talk to your mommy, okay?" Zachary looked at his daughter before giving her a kiss which was truly heart melting for Alexia.

When Zoe playfully left, Alexia's moment of happiness was gone. Now, she had to deal with the alpha, her mate, who left her almost dying in the dungeons. Still, she's asking herself why no one has put her back in there, yet.