CHAP.20: Getting Ready

On the ride home I stayed quiet, not even wiping the blood from my brothers head from my shirt and face. After I had killed him I had dazed out, feeling very dizzy and almost fell if it wasn't for Jerome catching me. Tabitha was even quiet, not telling us to leave as soon as I killed him like she had done with Jerome's dad. It looked like she might even be a bit afraid of me. I didn't really think I did anything. I just expressed what I felt. I guess my feelings were particularly scary considering Tabitha, one of the most stone faced bitches I know, managed to not say anything and her eyes had widened to saucers.

  Jerome had smiled so wide and kissed me hard on the lips after I had been able to stand after killing Steve. I had returned the smile, kissing just as hard. That is when Tabitha snapped out of it and rolled her eyes, telling us to get a room. I was glad no one interrupted my talking to with Steve. I was glad I had managed to get everything off my chest without anyone cutting me off. Because it someone had knocked on that door I would have shot them in an instant and not even blinked.

  After we arrived to the skyscraper, Theo explained more about our plan for tonight. It turns out he wanted to play hero. Jerome, Barbra, and I were going to cause a scene at the "Gotham Children's Hospital Gala." A bunch of rich idiots donating money because they want to feel like good people. Bruce Wayne would be there. We were to capture him on stage and then Theo would save him so he could gain his trust. Then, the three of us would make our grand escape. I thought this plan was rather well put together. I could tell Jerome couldn't wait because he kept having that smile on his face. He would be playing a big part. 

  He would be playing a magician by the name of The Great Rodolfo. I would be playing his lovely assistant, The Beautiful Miss Valentina and Barbra would be there too. She didn't want a name, she just wanted to hit Lee. I didn't blame her. I couldn't wait either. I had my own reasons for going. I wanted to make the grand entrance and see everyone's surprise. I wanted to finally see the fear in people's eyes once looking at me. Small yes, but sentimental in my own way. 

  We got to decide our own clothing and of course, Jerome went haywire at the idea. I laughed as Barbra went with a pink tutu and she stuck her tongue out at me. I decided to go a little darker. I got a black dress that floofed up at the ends. It had many layers at the bottom of the skirt, lace, silk, etc. The top was skin tight, the top cutting off just above my chest. I would paint my face white with dark makeup wings on the outsides of my eye and wear my hair in a tight bun.