Chapter Nine

* SLIGHT MATURE SCENE*

I didn't know how I felt once I watched Nick lifting his mini suitcase into the back of the SUV's boot. But admittedly, I wasn't upset nor succumbing further into the darkness of guilt. If I had told you that as I watched Nick, I felt Shane's hand resting on the nape of my neck, gently twirling a strand of loose hair that had fallen out of place, and I didn't budge-- would you hate me for that? I certainly did. But I chose to remain where I was, smiling affectionally towards my husband and pretending that Shane's hand did not snake gently towards my back and then towards my ass.

Nick was oblivious as I waved him off, his concentration purely on the rear window as he reversed the SUV out onto the road. And then that was that. He was gone. And I was left. Left, being the key word. With him. I swallowed, trying to embrace the courage to align with my morals as I turned away from him.

"You should go now," I said firmly, not once looking him in the eyes.

"And leave you?" he replied coolly, edging towards me, his hands within his pockets.

"Yes," I hissed, "you need to leave, now. I won't do---"

"---What?" he interjected softly, "do something you wouldn't regret?"

"I would!" I exclaimed frustratingly. I mistakenly then looked at his eyes, instantly feeling a swarm of butterflies attack the inner chamber of my stomach. "Y-you need to go! I refuse. I refuse. I refuse," I repeated, my words failing little by little to hold strength. "I-I refuse," I muttered, feeling overwhelmed as his fingers brushed my bottom lip. It was like a ton of house bricks had fallen on top of me. I was weak to the knees; my heart was beating faster and the nagging voice inside died. There was no defence on my behalf as I allowed him to edge even closer. He was so close. The scent of him. I could touch him. He was physically there.

"You've...lost your identity, Rose," he muttered tenderly, his eyes flickering back and fourth between my lips and startled eyes. "You've forgotten what it's like to be...touched." I gasped as I felt his right hand suddenly slither up my dress and begin to stroke caressingly against my inner thigh. I bit down on my tongue hating how the sensuous feeling made me throb. I felt awakened, alive. It was like I could feel blood swimming towards the tips of my toes and back. "You're...so wet," he whispered against my ear as I clenched my eyes feeling his fingertips against the fabric of my knickers.

It was physically impossible. I couldn't help what happened next. There was no control. It was fervent passion that drove me to insanely drive my begging lips against his. And within that brief second, it all exploded out of control. His hands slid around me as our mouths collided, the thirst of our tongues vehemently attacking in a teasing slide over the other, and each time I gasped it spurred the growl at the back of his throat.

Shane led me towards the front door, my back making contact with it as he kissed my neck, teased behind my ear whilst I tried my hardest to remain still. I felt like ecstasy wanting nothing more to feel him, close. I began aggressively attacking his collar, unbuttoning the buttons as his lips remained to suck and kiss the side of my neck. Soon enough, he was shirtless; hungry and tearing away at the zipper at the back of my body hugging black dress.

"Shane." I gasped feeling the fervid flicker of his tongue upon my breasts. He hadn't even unhooked the bra and I was hard. My back naturally arched forward as my fingers raked through his hair watching as he continued to trail a line of kisses down the centre of my torso stopping just before the edge of my black knickers.

"I need you now," I said breathlessly, observing how his lips curled in agreement. Without even a blink, I had my legs wrapped around the frame of his torso as he carried me upstairs. We shared our episodes of breathless laughs as we climbed them, nearly falling into the banister a couple times from the hunger of our lips ravaging.