Chapter 24: Chasing, but can't catch up...?

Orte was the capital planet of the Kuhti people and it was definitely worth visiting.

The sky there was of a dark blue shade and the air seemed to always have a faint scent of flowers and plants. From above, the planet looked full of life and verdant.

It was currently spring and the sunlight was just right. It was not as hot as it was in the summer, but still provided a comfortable warmth and it was exceptionally pleasant.

Since the nearest airport only had ordinary starship flights available at the time of the competition, Xie Tao and company had to take the little more than one day travel time into account and left two days before the competition.

They arrived at Orte in the evening of the following day and Xie Tao brought the four fluffballs to the hotel that had recently been built by the competition organizers for the participants and their families.

They rested there for the night and early the next morning, the venue for the flying competition opened. The competition would be held at one o'clock in the afternoon, but many parents who bought their tickets at the site could not wait to enter the arena.

"Thank you for getting them places in the competition as well." Xie Tao glanced down at the Cotto and Kuwei cub sitting in his arms and politely bowed his head to the Kuhti woman in front of him.

In order to limit the amount of contestants, the cubs participating had to go through a qualification. After being selected they would also be screened by the committee and only the best got to participate.

The qualification had been held half a month ago, however by the time Xie Tao learned about the contest, the selection had already ended two days prior.

"Don't mention it, it's actually I who should thank you." Fuya smiled, her face showing genuine gratitude as she said this.

Some high ranking nursing clubs and families could skip the selection process and easily acquire places for their cubs in the competition.

Originally, Fuya only had one place but after receiving a request from Xie Tao, she managed to win over two more.

"Peipei, mommy will be watching you from the audience." Fuya carefully arranged the feathers of her cub who was sitting in her arms, the tender movements revealed the obvious love she held for him.

"Tiuh!" Raising his head, the red fluffy cub looked up at his mother and answered her in a clear voice.

After hearing his response, Fuya stroked his little head and held onto him for a bit longer, she then put him in Xie Tao's embrace and left for the arena.

"Yes, we will be watching you from the audience." This sentence was directed to all of them, but as he said it, he moved his hand and started to arrange the Cotto and Kuwei cubs' feathers.

These two cubs had no parents and as Xie Tao did not want them to be sad or feel a sense of loss, he tried his best to take on the role of a parent.

The two cubs' eyes were bright and they happily let the youth arrange their feathers. When he was done, they affectionately stroke their small head against his hand.

Seeing as it was almost time, Xie Tao left the hotel with the three cubs in his arms and one additional on his shoulder and entered the arena arranged by the organizer.

But the scene Xie Tao was met with when he entered made him abruptly stop.

"Tiuh!"

"Tiuh, tiuh-tiuh!"

"Tiuh, tiuuh-"

Red, yellow, grey. The arena stands were already nearly filled and in the arms of almost every person was a fluffball of varying colour. Wherever you looked you would be met with a cute fluffball and the air was full of the cubs' adorable voices.