Time to be shocked

"How could you lose track of time when you have a class to attend? Why did you even leave, when you were supposed to be here?"
I can be strict when it comes to my duties.

“I … am … sorry sir!”
She was on the verge of tears.

{Look at what you did. You fool!
Shut up.}

“Don’t cry. I excuse you. Next time, don’t let it repeat. You may enter the class.” I turned away from her, to face the class.

She entered the class and took a seat at the farthest corner. I kept my face neutral and began with the introduction to the topic I decided to teach. It took lot of self-control to keep my gaze away from Siri, who was sincerely taking notes. She did not once look at me and I think I know why.

I decided to dismiss the class 15 mins early. I did not want to burden them with too much of lecture on the first day. I sat behind my table, watching everyone leave the room. Siri was the last one, but instead of heading towards the door, she approached me. I was shocked.
{I thought she would never talk to me after what happened between us.}

“I am sorry. I thought no one would come to class as usual … you know, we always had this hour free. If I knew that we had a new lecturer, I would have stayed.” She did not look up still.

“It’s okay.”

{Really! That’s all you want to tell her?
What else is there?}

She stayed for a few moments, but I didn’t speak anymore. Just when she was about to leave, my stomach growled. She snapped her head towards me.

{Oh god! Did she hear it?} All of a sudden, I wanted to hide away somewhere.

She smirked. “Didn’t have lunch? Were you nervous?” There was slight playfulness in her tone. I nodded.

“Come with me.” She grabbed my wrist and started leading me to the canteen.

“But … you don’t have class? What will people think if they see us like this? Siri! Stop.”

She didn’t pay any heed to my words until we were seated at a corner table in the empty canteen. She placed her lunch box in front of me. I stared at her.

“Eat!” She pointed towards her box.

“You didn’t eat?” I ask with concern.

“I was busy in library during lunch hour, was working on my project. Didn’t notice time.”

“What were you thinking? What are you going to achieve by staying hungry? What would happen to your health? … ”

She chuckled. “Same goes to you, Mister!”

I glare at her. She sighed and opened the box, took a spoonful of the rice and placed it in front of my lips.

{What a shock! What happened to her? Why is she behaving strangely?}

“Siri! Is this you?” I regretted the moment, those words left my mouth.

{Only you Hari! Expert at messing up everything.}

Her smile dropped, so did the spoon in her hand.

“No … I am sorry … I mean …”

She interrupts “I get it. I was very rude towards you.”

She was about to get up, when I pulled her wrist. I stare at her eyes and whisper
“You are wrong, the only thing my brain can comprehend is that you are extremely cute.”

She blushed. I smirked. “So, aren’t you going to feed me?” I sit back and cross my arms across my chest.

“Are you a baby? Feed yourself.”

She stuck out her tongue at me. I pout. She looks away.

I took a spoonful of rice and pinched her waist. When she lets out a small scream, I shove the spoon into her mouth. “Haha! Got you!”

Now it is my turn to stick my tongue out. She glares at me.

I burst out laughing. {With the spoon sticking out of her mouth and the glare, she could put a clown to shame!}

She tried to reach forward and smack the back of my head, but I leaned back, trying to dodge her. However, our luck wasn’t in our favour. She lost balance and landed on me, pulling both of us onto the floor. I groaned as my back hit the floor and her weight pressed on my chest. {She is heavy! God!
But it feels good!}

“Oh, my god!” The scream startled us.

Bhoomi was standing at the entrance of the canteen. Siri immediately got up, and there was "spoon-drop" silence for a while.

I took my time to get up and dust my shirt. Bhoomi approached us with a shocked face.

“Bhoomi, I … was at the library during lunch break. So, I decided to have lunch here. At that moment, sir too entered ... But … there was grease on the floor …” Siri stammered with nervousness.

Bhoomi burst out laughing. Now it was Siri’s turn to look shocked.

#########################

Short chapter? Sorry ... Could only find time to write this much ... Really busy .... 😣